INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adjust Volume on a per Disc basis?  (Read 1722 times)

AlanDistro

• World Citizen
Adjust Volume on a per Disc basis?
« on: October 16, 2015, 11:24:54 pm »

If I have an album that is a two disc or three disc set, I've noticed JRiver adjusts the volume on a per Album Title basis, not a per Disc basis. Is there any way for me to adjust on a per Disc basis (without breaking the album up into "Disc One" and "Disc Two" album titles, of course)?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Adjust Volume on a per Disc basis?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 01:33:53 pm »

So you're talking about Volume Leveling (from DSP Studio) being applied with the same value for all tracks of an album that are in playing now right?  That way the track to track volume differences are preserved when you're in the same album.

But you want that to apply separately to Disc 1 and Disc 2 of ONE album?  I don't know any way of doing that, other than what you've said, which is to separate them into two albums.

..and if they are SO different that you want different volume leveling for each disc, maybe they *should* be listed as two separate albums.

Brian.

AlanDistro

• World Citizen
Re: Adjust Volume on a per Disc basis?
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 01:49:18 pm »

Hi Brian, yes that is the situation, thanks for your reply.

I guess I could list them as separate albums, but this is mostly just an issue with deluxe/super deluxe editions where the main album (disc one) might be mastered well, but the bonus material on disc two/three is brickwalled (like some of the Smashing Pumpkins recent reissues). This causes the main album on disc one to play at a lower average volume than it should because disc two is so loud and is being used in the volume averaging. I guess I could break that bonus material out, but I'd really prefer not to.

iVolume (a third-party utility for iTunes) used to have an option where I could check a box to apply the album volume leveling on a per disc basis. Was just curious if that existed in MC already (looks like not), or if it might be an easy option to add?
Pages: [1]   Go Up