INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Odd behaviour with one album  (Read 1702 times)

PAR57

• Recent member
Odd behaviour with one album
« on: October 17, 2015, 08:24:15 am »

I have a rip of one album ( Pierre Monteux/LSO, Debussy various works).  I have replayed this via JRiver 20 and 21 many times. However last week I opened it , played track 1 and then closed it. The next time I tried to play it I noticed that the cover art was appearing twice instead of once in Album view. Opening each instance I found that one contained tracks 2 - 8 and the other only track 1.

I have checked the music data file on my drive for this album, and it appears only once with all 8 tracks correctly stored. I therefore deleted both of the instances in JRiver , closed MC and then re-opened it to allow it to interrogate the drive and re-import the album. However, despite my earlier selection, once again two copies were generated in MC 21, again one with only track 1 the other with the rest of the tracks.

Next removed the drive to make sure that MC was not re-importing the album before closing after deletion, deleted the albums(s) making sure I selected the permanent deletion option. I also deleted the album from the drive and re-imported a clean copy to it. Then I re-attached the drive to my server computer and re-opened MC. Once again the dual inventory was created with track 1  on one and tracks 2-8 on the other.

Any suggestions of how to solve this?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Odd behaviour with one album
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 09:14:50 am »

Sure.  I've accidentally made this happen on my system once or twice.  You *probably* have [Album Artist] filled out for one of the tracks and not the others.  Click on the first track and open the tagging pane (alt-enter).  Look for the Album Artist field.  See what the value is.  Do the same thing for the other tracks.  You're probably going to find that one or the other has Album Artist set differently.  Set them to all be the same value for Album Artist, and they should then appear as one album instead of two.  You might need to refresh the view after you make the change to the tags.

Brian.

PAR57

• Recent member
Re: Odd behaviour with one album
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 08:43:35 am »

Thanks for your useful help. Your answer is, of course, correct and I found a discrepancy with the album title field.
Pages: [1]   Go Up