INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver not importing movies or music but imported my shows [Solved]  (Read 2618 times)

scgt1

• Junior Woodchuck

So I upgraded to WIN10 Enterprise today. Then first thing I installed was JRiver 20. I imported my library. Everything should be gravy..... WRONG. It's not showing any of the movies in my 3 movie categories or my music. They are all blank. Shows imported but the movies and music haven't. I've gone through configure auto import and everything is listed to import yet the only thing that imported are my shows. It removed all the movies and music.

Library now has 3372 files. Search and update took 8:34.

Imported 0 new files.
Fixed 12860 broken links. (0 fixed, 12860 removed)

Any ideas? It seems every time I reload my computer I have problems getting jriver back on track. Backing up the library should be just that a library backup.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe

"Broken Links" means MC can't see files that used to be in it's library because the files are missing.  That's normally because a drive has changed letters or locations.  Where are you files located?  Did a drive letter get moved?  Or did you not re-map a NAS share perhaps?

Brian.

scgt1

• Junior Woodchuck

OS is on c and my server drive is d was before with win 7 and is now with win 10. Shows are on the same drive as my movies and none of the folders or anything have changed.

scgt1

• Junior Woodchuck

I may have found the problem. My drive space still showed it was down to just under 40gig (of my 3TB). So that means the files didn't disappear somehow. I then went to open one of the movie folders. Press continue to something or another. Basically they were unavailable for me to view unless I authorized it even though I'm admin on my own computer. I think it had something to do with those folders on win 7 were also shared with the homegroup. It's finding files right now so I will update if all is good.

All is good my movie covers are starting to show up as it's adding a ton of files. That was pretty weird that the properties of my server drive saved over to the new windows install. Now that I know JRiver 20 works properly with win 10 I'll be reformating my drive completely and reinstalling just WIN 10 instead up updating 7 to 10. For me selecting to keep none of my apps and settings during the update I shouldn't be taking the same HD space as I was with a fully installed win 7 with all my apps. So MS again has failed at doing something right. LOL
Pages: [1]   Go Up