INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zone settings when I play several albums  (Read 1893 times)

oie

• Junior Woodchuck
Zone settings when I play several albums
« on: October 18, 2015, 09:28:28 am »

Hi,
Some times I add several albums to "play now".
I would like to create an especific zone to be able to apply volume levelling, etc but I don't know how.
At the moment it triggers the zone Audio but as all the albums have different volumes, it makes the listening challenging...
Any help please?.
Thanks in advance,
O

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Zone settings when I play several albums
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 10:42:57 am »

Volume leveling can be done in any zone; even the default "player" zone.  I use this feature pretty much 100% of the time in my primary zones.

You'll need to make sure your files have been analyzed for volume level, etc first.  This can take some time, but it's worth the investment.  If you've already done that, then you're ahead of the game.

Then, all you have to do is go to DSP Studio (Player > DSP Studio) and check Volume Leveling on.  You might also want to enable Adaptive Volume in "Peak Level Normalize" mode.  Without Adaptive Volume, the volume will be sort of low.  Adaptive will bring it back up, but NOT mess with the dynamics.

Good luck,

Brian.

oie

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 01:11:28 pm »

Thanks Brian.
I must admit that my post was rubbish even for my standards :).

I have four zones working fine: music, dsd, playlist and video. Zone switch works perfectly between these zones.

The problem comes when I want to play more than one album "at the same time" without creating a playlist. If I play an album and then I add some more albums to "add to play now", this example would play under the zone music without volume levelling  (which its as I play individual albums).
I would like this example to somehow trigger the zone playlist so it gets the volume levelling treatment :)
Thanks again

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 01:19:02 pm »

You don't need two zones to do this.  You want volume leveling ON when you are playing songs that aren't from the same albums, back to back.  You want volume leveling OFF when you're playing songs within an album.

MC does that automatically.  When it detects that you are playing "in an album", it doesn't change the level of each track.  It adjusts the whole album to a single level, so inter-track volume differences are preserved.  Then, when it starts playing songs from a different album, it uses their settings.  If you mix tracks, back to back, from different albums, then it uses each song's individual volume level.

So just turn volume leveling on in your normal zone and you'll get exactly what you want.

Brian.

oie

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 01:30:11 pm »

Thanks Brian, I will make some tests.
Regards,
O
Pages: [1]   Go Up