INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA and Volume Leveling  (Read 6935 times)

K_R_L

• Recent member
DLNA and Volume Leveling
« on: October 19, 2015, 05:48:32 am »

Hi all

When you activate the function adjust the Volume Leveling, the volume is not stored within the tracks of the album relative to each other. All the tracks are aligned under -23dB.

How to make, what would the volume of the tracks inside the album relative to each other remained.

P.S.
sorry for bad English

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: DLNA and Volume Leveling
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 09:09:19 am »

Under the DLNA server settings, Advanced, select the DSP option, and select volume leveling (I think). However it will probably not work if you are streaming native files i.e it probably only works when transcoding...

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 10:35:44 am »

Under the DLNA server settings, Advanced, select the DSP option, and select volume leveling (I think). However it will probably not work if you are streaming native files i.e it probably only works when transcoding...

Correct, volume leveling can only be applied upon transcode.
The replay gain information is sent as a custom MC field so you can do it MC to MC without transcoding.
Also a renderer COULD read the file tags and apply volume leveling if it wanted to.

K_R_L

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 01:04:58 pm »

You probably not so understood me...
I have the settings there.

Settings DSP

Scan Of Album volume level

Play album standard means of J River

When playing the album standard tools J River, according to the image output, the volume is given relative to the scanned tracks of the Album -1db

When using DNLA servers, the average function is not working, resulting in the difference in the volume of the inside of the album is not stored, all the tracks go under -23 dB.

Analysis of the tracks was done in AdobeAudition, from the temporary folder JRiver took on created wav file and its levels were analyzed in AdobeAudition. All the files from the album were one level of -23 dB.
How to keep the volume of the tracks inside the album when using DLNA server ?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2015, 04:10:46 pm »

You probably not so understood me...
I have the settings there.

Settings DSP

Scan Of Album volume level

Play album standard means of J River

When playing the album standard tools J River, according to the image output, the volume is given relative to the scanned tracks of the Album -1db

When using DNLA servers, the average function is not working, resulting in the difference in the volume of the inside of the album is not stored, all the tracks go under -23 dB.

Analysis of the tracks was done in AdobeAudition, from the temporary folder JRiver took on created wav file and its levels were analyzed in AdobeAudition. All the files from the album were one level of -23 dB.
How to keep the volume of the tracks inside the album when using DLNA server ?

I can't reproduce your issue.

I took an mp3 file with a -4.6 LU, sent it to a 24 bit device as a wave with volume leveling turned on, captured the temp file, imported it back into JRiver, analyzed the audio which resulted in a 0.0 LU, turned on volume leveling in JRiver's playback and the output was the same and indicated as such with a -4.6 Volume leveling applied during playback only on the mp3 file..
Tried the same thing with a 24 bit 96k flac file -9.6 LU with the same correct results.

K_R_L

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2015, 06:46:53 am »

I can't reproduce your issue.

I took an mp3 file with a -4.6 LU, sent it to a 24 bit device as a wave with volume leveling turned on, captured the temp file, imported it back into JRiver, analyzed the audio which resulted in a 0.0 LU, turned on volume leveling in JRiver's playback and the output was the same and indicated as such with a -4.6 Volume leveling applied during playback only on the mp3 file..
Tried the same thing with a 24 bit 96k flac file -9.6 LU with the same correct results.

One file plays not my problem, because the value of LU is taken from the tag of this file.
We need a whole album, where the values averaged LU.

For example Foobar, There are two tags, for the track and for the Album. The tag for the album, is the average value of the values of the tags of the tracks in the album.

In JRiver, I understand the value of the tag for the album is automatically calculated as an average from the values of the LU tag all files in the album

Now, when playing a standard means of JRiver via the sound card it seems is observed (see screenshot -1 dB), and via DLNA - no, i.e. values are simply taken from the file and not at the average.

How is to keep the original difference in the volume of the tracks relative to each other inside the album when using the DLNA server ?
for example, if the difference in volume between the first and second track 5 dB, then it should be saved

K_R_L

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2015, 01:03:37 am »

your not understand what I write ? Maybe in pictures to present ?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2015, 01:53:22 pm »

We understand the issue and have discussed ways to implement album gain on these files.
After discussion, we think we have an approach that will work (only on pushed playlists).
The implementation is waiting on resolution of other issues.

K_R_L

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2016, 06:06:51 am »

Well, waiting for the decision.
Pages: [1]   Go Up