INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to Assign Cover Art in Theater View?  (Read 2699 times)

willrbaar

• Junior Woodchuck
How to Assign Cover Art in Theater View?
« on: October 19, 2015, 05:00:26 pm »

Can someone help me set up MC21's Theater View the way we would like to use it?  I have been trying to set MC21 to show Cover Art (Series Art), versus the program's Thumbnail (Snap shot from the recorded program), for all recorded TV programs in Theater View.  My wife would like to view the recordings by the date they were recorded, which is how WMC did it.  When I set up the Theater View to display by date recorded, it basically shows only the thumbnails, even thought most of the programs have Cover Art. I have tried a lot of things using the expression language to achieve my goal of showing Cover Art when it is available.  I can use the expression language to identify which programs have Cover Art, but there is no way for me to instruct MC to use the Cover Art.  I have tried a lot of things.  I don't want to go into standard view and manually assign Cover Art to the recordings every time.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to Assign Cover Art in Theater View?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 05:15:41 am »

Do you have "Series" set to show in the Set Rules for File Display box? Do you see something like what is show below when you go to Tools>Options>Theater View>Shows?

willrbaar

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 12:52:22 pm »

Thanks for the response.  I have tried what you recommended and I have done similar things to what you recommended. Nothing has worked. This is what my experience/impressions are of how MC21 handles Cover Art in Theater View for TV shows:
1) Carnac has been very successful in downloading TV Coverart and storing the Cover Art in  'C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 21\Cover Art\Series'. 
2) MC21 seldom applies the Cover Art to the 'Image File' (which I believe is the tag used by MC21 for displaying in Theater View), but generally puts the thumbnail snapshot (snipet of the recording) in this file.
3) I can manually force MC21 to go find the Cover Art.  I have done this a number of times, but MC21 should be doing this automatically. My Home Theater setup doesn't lend itself for me going to the computer to mess with commands/files.
4) So, how do I instruct MC21 to use the Cover Art sitting in the 'C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 21\Cover Art\Series' for every recording?
5)  Does Recorded TV present to the MC21 developers a unique situation in that they have two Images (Cover Art and Thumbnails) that their users need control over for display purposes?

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 01:21:35 pm »

I think you are saying that you are getting the "Series" cover art - but not the "episode" cover art. Is this correct?
I just want to be sure we are using the same terms.

So this would be "Series" Cover Art. -And opening the "Series" then can have "Season" Cover Art.

And this is "Episode" Cover Art (the thumbnails at the left edge):

willrbaar

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 02:46:00 pm »

What I am saying is that the "Series" Cover Art is not reliably showing up in the Theater View, even though the Cover Art .jpg file is in '\App data\Roaming\J River\Cover Art\Series' folder.  I am trying to set this up so each episode thumbnail is using the 'Series' Cover Art.  We would like to view all recordings on one display tier, and not drill down through Series folders.  I can set this up using the controls you identified in the previous emails, but the Art Work is not right.  We get rid of our recordings once we view them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up