INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD Writer generic driver option greyed out  (Read 936 times)

blagga

• nothing more to say...
CD Writer generic driver option greyed out
« on: February 10, 2003, 03:22:18 am »

I've had MJ 8.0.336 (which is a great program) for a while now, but I bought a new CD burner recently and now the "use generic driver" option is checked and greyed out, forcing me to have the 2-second gap.  I know it's not a big deal, but I have tried many things to fix it with no luck.

The new burner is the Samsung combo drive SM-348B, which is on the supported drive list.

ASPI stuff has been installed and looks OK I think: version 4.71.2 for ASPI32.SYS and WNASPI32.DLL (WOWPOST.EXE and WINASPI.DLL both say version 4.6 though-- is this a problem?)

I have Windows XP

I tried re-installing MJ

I tried updating MJ to version 8.0.395: option was still greyed and I decided to go back to the older version anyway because the new one crashed a lot.

I tried reinstalling the CD burner driver.

Again, burning works fine but I'd really like to be able to not use the generic driver and not have to go back to my old much slower burner!  I've looked at all the FAQs and searched the forum and nothing seems to help.  All I can figure is that the new burner is REALLY new (came out in December 2002) and is somehow not yet supported, but why then would it be on the supported list?

Any help/ suggestion is greatly appreciated.  I still think it's the best software of its kind!

nila

Re: CD Writer generic driver option greyed out
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2003, 01:46:00 pm »

Firstly I'd suggest using v9 which has a lot more options now and is fairly stable.

Also, if I remember, there were some other options on that screen, one of them had to be disabled before that one could be disabled I think.

This is trying to remember off the top of my head however and could be wrong.

Also, it wasn't just as simple as unchecking or checking the other box, MJ had to be restarted inbetween.

I mainly suggest upgrading to MC9 though :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up