INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request : Spotify Connect  (Read 3244 times)

georgethesixth

• Recent member
Feature Request : Spotify Connect
« on: October 22, 2015, 07:14:52 pm »

Hi,

It would be great if mc could behave as a Spotify connect station.
Perhaps another Kickstarter campaign ?

Thanks,

Joris

dmm

• World Citizen
Re: Feature Request : Spotify Connect
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 01:21:40 pm »

Recommend that you purchase Equalify Pro for ~$7.50 US.  Equalify Pro adds the ability to select and remember Audio Device output with in Spotify Premium.  One of the audio devices that shows up is MC21 WDM device.  You can then follow the MC wiki directions to create a WDM zoneswitch setup so that the sound that spotify routes out to the WDM driver can be routed to a given MC zone and played on your system.

Not as good as MC directly supporting spotify connect directly but works by having spotify + equalify + MC all running together to achieve the functionality.  Also, since Spotify has not opened the connect API to the public, it is unlikely that MC can directly support this feature at present.

kstuart

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 04:21:28 pm »

JRiver would like to support the various streaming services, but the services - like most big companies these days - are so protective of their brand that they make it very difficult for 3rd parties.

Searching the web site will turn up previous threads with specific details.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 02:31:36 am »

I think it's more a problem caused by the record labels.  They try to lock everything down so a service can't offer their music to another company.  The record labels want the up front payment themselves.  This is just a guess though.

georgethesixth

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 02:01:01 pm »

Thanks for the Work Arround.  Didn't know it was this difficult.  Onkyo/Integra have it in the receivers and it works great as far as I have seen : just redirect the music using the Spotify interface.
Pages: [1]   Go Up