INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Choppy video  (Read 2711 times)

albold

• Recent member
Choppy video
« on: October 20, 2015, 07:13:14 pm »

I have MC21 installed and my video is choppy as is the sound on video. I see that under filters it is only showing Enhanced Video Renderer as an option and no MadVR, can any one tell me why please. ?

albold

• Recent member
Re: Choppy video
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 01:38:17 am »

Further to my last post I see that using DirectX things run rather smoother but still only showing Enhanced Video Renderer in the Filter selection.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 05:17:29 am »

You need to use "RO High Quality" to get madVR.
Go to Tools>Options>Video and select "RO High Quality", select "VideoClock", and make sure you do not "Bitstream" (under Tools>Options>Audio) as Bitstreaming bypasses the JRiver audio so you will not get VideoClock benefit. Also be sure to turn On "Display Settings Automatic Change Mode" at Tools>Options>Video>Display Settings. Or you can setup madVR to do the Display Changing (in the madVR settings).

albold

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 04:46:58 pm »

Thanks for the info. I have set as suggested but still have choppy video and audio. I am using a Nvidia GeforceGT 520 and have 16 gbs Ram and a AMD FX 4300 Quad core processor. Is that sufficient GPU power to process video smoothly?

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
Re:
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 06:22:46 pm »

Where is your video file located?

albold

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 08:45:27 pm »

Video files are on the hard drive in my HTPC rather than a NAS. When using VLC or other media player it isn't an issue. All formats play correctly without the choppy performance seen on JR. It never was a problem till somewhere towards the last few versions of JR 20 and continues on 21.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 05:10:21 am »

Check your Audio settings too. If your connected to an AVR with HDMI cable, if find that WASAPI works best. Then go into DSP settings and make sure those are set up to support your equipment. lastly, check in Windows sound properties (Advanced tab) to make sure you have the correct settings there. I have had bad Sound settings cause choppy playback on my system before.
Good luck.
Pages: [1]   Go Up