INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gapless playback via JRemote  (Read 2060 times)

MikeO

• Citizen of the Universe
Gapless playback via JRemote
« on: October 23, 2015, 03:32:10 am »

Hi

There is a post on the Media Server board covering this as well...

I have a Cambridge Audio CXN Streamer , if I set up JRiver as the DLNA server on my desktop then I see several results

This is checking specifically for gapless playback (use for eg Pink Floyd Dark Side of The Moon)

Using the CXN via DLNA (Desktop as Media Server) using CA Connect , the smart app for the device,  the behaviour is as I would expect

Using the CXN with an external USB HDD , again with the CA Connect App behaviour is fine

If I now use JRemote to control the selection etc and direct the output to the CXN as a DLNA connected zone , as soon as I move between "tracks" I get a gap , maybe 2 seconds.

Is there something that needs setting to control this. All normal setting in the audio section of JRiver options are set for gapless, play from memory etc...

The reason for doing this is that JRemote is way ahead of the CA Connect app (although they are working very hard to "catch up"), mainly that you can get the advantage of highly customised views and hence slicker navigation.

As it stands though the gap behaviour makes this option unusable. So the best network solution is still the CA app

All works well on DLNA so my logic says that the issue may well lie in JRemote ?

Cheers
Mike

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Gapless playback via JRemote
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 06:22:10 am »

I replied to your other post.

I suggest to keep things simple and close this post and just follow the other thread.

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up