INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote has gotten incredibly slow to upload  (Read 1437 times)

drewh111

• Recent member
JRemote has gotten incredibly slow to upload
« on: October 23, 2015, 01:38:54 pm »

I am running MC 21 on Windows 10 with JRemote on Android 5.0.1, Lenova Tablet.  at some point in the last couple of weeks, JRemote has started to be incredibly slow to start up and load album information etc.  It now takes a couple of minutes to get all of the information to JRemote and be able to play an album.  This used to happen incredibly quickly on the same system.  This is my dedicated music server and I don't run any other programs other than Chrome to download music. There is nothing running in the background.

I haven't changed anything to my knowledge. I did move my computer setup to recable some things and put it back in about the same position. I have run CCleaner to clean internet caches and registry. Router has been reset etc. All the obvious stuff has been done.

Anyone have any ideas what I might try?

drew.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRemote has gotten incredibly slow to upload
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 01:56:27 pm »

It might be your network.  Try powering everything down and back up.  Modem, router, access points, computers, phones, etc.

drewh111

• Recent member
Re: JRemote has gotten incredibly slow to upload
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 12:14:31 pm »

Hi Jim - thanks for the quick reply.

That is the first thing I tried, and also cleaned Cache etc, no change.  So I retraced my steps and checked the back. It seems when I re-cabled things, I ran a power cord right across the antenna on the internet card. I moved the antenna away from power cord and that seems to have done the trick.

EMI?  anyway thanks for the help - I really like JRemote, use it all the time!
Pages: [1]   Go Up