INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with Auto-Import - stuck at analyzing first audio file  (Read 5599 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Problem with Auto-Import - stuck at analyzing first audio file
« on: October 23, 2015, 03:29:47 pm »

How do I know what the first audio file being analyzed is? Is it alphabetical, by date of import, some MC assigned number, or ?

When I run Tools>Import "Run Auto-Import Now" I can see the process working for videos, thumbnails, etc., then when it gets to analyze audio, it stays at "1 of xxxx files". I let it sit all night and it never got to file 2. When I clicked the Stop (in Action Window for Import process) the button shade changed but it appeared to hang there. Then when I exited MC a popup message said something like "are you sure you want to exit, background processing going on". So it seems that the audio analyzing process is stuck On.

This is with MC 21.0.17 on Win10 x64.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: Problem with Auto-Import - stuck at analyzing first audio file
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 06:18:44 pm »

Running it on the server?

If nothing is in the logs, maybe you could spot which file was being opened in Windows Resource Monitor, Disk Activity? That would only work for local files though.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 06:24:18 pm »

Definitely turn on logging, recreate the problem, and turn logging back off.  Then you can find out which file is hanging it up.

Post the log here if you have trouble analyzing the log by yourself.

Brian.

Mark_Chat

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 04:00:21 am »

Double check that your file / folder is not set to read only.

Quickest way to do it is right click the parent audio folder in Windows Explorer and then properties, uncheck read-only

Arindelle

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2015, 05:00:42 am »

Hi in the past this happened pretty often with corrupt/partially out of sync or badly ripped files. Also if the file name exceeds the windows allowed length.

What I would do is disable audio analysis on import this once, then manually run audio analysis on the files after the files are in your library. If there are not a real lot of files, in the window you can see what is hanging.  reselect all the files except that file, and run it again ... you can eliminate the file(s) that are giving you issues. Try playing back the files ... if they play ok .. your choice if you want or can re-rip the files. If you have lots of files to import, you might want to do this in batches though.

Personally I always analyze my tracks after import using a view to find the files.  It significantly reduces the time it takes to import that way, and avoids this occasional issue.

If you want I can link a couple of tool to test file integrity and check for lengthy file names. If the problem is the latter, renaming the file or shortening the filepath could also be a quick fix.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2015, 05:12:44 am »

Are the files on a NAS drive?

Could this be similar?
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=100628.0

leperlord

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 02:59:23 pm »

Hi in the past this happened pretty often with corrupt/partially out of sync or badly ripped files. Also if the file name exceeds the windows allowed length.

What I would do is disable audio analysis on import this once, then manually run audio analysis on the files after the files are in your library. If there are not a real lot of files, in the window you can see what is hanging.  reselect all the files except that file, and run it again ... you can eliminate the file(s) that are giving you issues. Try playing back the files ... if they play ok .. your choice if you want or can re-rip the files. If you have lots of files to import, you might want to do this in batches though.

Personally I always analyze my tracks after import using a view to find the files.  It significantly reduces the time it takes to import that way, and avoids this occasional issue.

If you want I can link a couple of tool to test file integrity and check for lengthy file names. If the problem is the latter, renaming the file or shortening the filepath could also be a quick fix.

Sorry i seen this so late

I see no one accepted the offer . I would love a tool to check for lengthy file names . This causes alot of issues for me . Id love a fix

Thanks

Arindelle

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2016, 10:00:18 am »

Sorry i seen this so late

I see no one accepted the offer . I would love a tool to check for lengthy file names .
Just got back from vacation so if you are still interested, here are the tools I use

TLPD for the "too long path detector" http://sourceforge.net/projects/tlpd/ -- just open it and drag a root folder into it from Win explorer

The "Audiotester" tool located on this page http://www.vuplayer.com/other.php which checks errors in Flac, mp3, ogg vorbis and wavpack files.

For info, both tools still work under Win7 and Win10

leperlord

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2016, 10:12:04 am »

Thank you mate

Arindelle

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2016, 10:18:19 am »

Thank you mate

8) your welcome ! Hopes this helps you to sort things out

Ronald87

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2016, 08:47:11 am »

the long path tool is a good solution for the problem related to long path names. it will work in this situation too give it a try.
Pages: [1]   Go Up