INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: import iTunes playlist to MC21  (Read 2854 times)

mbw817

import iTunes playlist to MC21
« on: October 24, 2015, 10:25:15 am »

I'm a MC21 newbie. I have successfully imported my iTunes music library. When I did so, I chose "audio" and "playlists" to import. The audio files are certainly there. What I want to do is choose my selections using the same playlist I have in iTunes. That's all I want or need to see when I view my files anywhere (either in "Audio" or "Playlists"). I have explored this forum and there is a lot of info on exporting playlists. But I cannot figure out how to import my iTunes playlist so I can see it, and make my selections from it.

Explicit instructions would be most appreciated since I am hardly a technophile. Thanks in advance
Marty

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: import iTunes playlist to MC21
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 12:12:43 pm »

I'm not at all familiar with the itunes import process.  But I can give you some general info.

First, all playlists that you import should end up in the Imported Playlists group.  Look under Playlists, it's a few down from the top.  Your itunes playlists *might* be there.

You can transfer playlists from itunes, one at a time, by exporting them from itunes, and then importing the files that itunes exported.  If you have a lot of playlists, this will be tedious.  If you've only got 4 or 5 that are important, it should be pretty easy to do.

For itunes smartlists (or whatever they are called), you will want to recreate these in MC.  I think if you export a smartlist in itunes, it just gives you the files that match, but NOT the definition.  Which is a waste of your time, since you probably want the list to auto update every time something in your library changes to match your smartlist.

Finally, you may find that the increased capabilities of MC mean that you don't need some of your itunes playlists.  Itunes is very playlist driven to do almost *anything* advanced.  In MC there are usually better ways of organizing things than building yet another playlist.  Explore MC's features, views, etc, and you may be pleasantly surprised.

Good luck,

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up