INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can one jremote device control another jremote device?  (Read 1852 times)

markl

• Recent member
Can one jremote device control another jremote device?
« on: October 24, 2015, 09:02:49 pm »

Setup I currently have is JRiver 20 running on a server (Windows 8.1) in an office at the front of the house which streams to an iPad running JRemote connected to the stereo system at the back of the house (using the 'this device' zone option on the iPad).  I also have JRemote on my Iphone and want the ability to control what is playing on the stereo from my iPhone - so I am not tied to the iPad.  Is that possible?  I can set the zone on the iPhone JRemote to 'player' or 'this device' - but not sure how to control what is playing through the iPad/stereo.  Probably missing something really obvious here - any help much appreciated!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Can one jremote device control another jremote device?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 02:17:06 am »

It's not possible at this time. 

Read about DLNA on our wiki.  What you would need is a DLNA Renderer instead of JRemote.  Maybe they exist on iOS.  A small computer running our software would also work. 

markl

• Recent member
Re: Can one jremote device control another jremote device?
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 04:28:23 am »

Thanks Jim.  Going to take your advice and find an old laptop/desktop that I can set up as client running MC to replace the iPad - and then control it from the iPhone that way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up