INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Other XP-users can't use MJ8 on same computer  (Read 1661 times)

Mikelo

• nothing more to say...
Other XP-users can't use MJ8 on same computer
« on: August 31, 2003, 03:13:58 pm »

On Win XP - I have MJ 8 running for my primary user account. I recently added some user accounts for my kids and they do not have access to the program. When I find the exe and try to execute I get a message saying the MJ is not correctly installed for the user and that I should reinstall.

Does this sound right? Do I have to re-install and activate for each user on the one computer?

Thanks in advance for any help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Other XP-users can't use MJ8 on same computer
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2003, 04:34:16 am »

Installing for each user will solve the problem.  Install the license also.

rovingcowboy

• World Citizen
  • I love media jukebox
Re: Other XP-users can't use MJ8 on same computer
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2003, 02:14:50 pm »

;D

yep that is the trouble i had with multiple users on the win98 computer  had to install it on each users desktop even though i had installed it on the default desk top which in win98 was the admin one.   >:(

just one thing though 8)

you will have to update all the playlists for it on each desktop also.  if you do it on one it will  also, or might not update the list on the other desk top?

i just stopped using multiple users  found it best to keep the computer cleaned that way.  as i also had to run every update from windows update on each desktop and had to do the registry cleaning on each desktop.  

what i am saying is i had to do all maintance  ( scan disk  defragmenting ... etc. etc.  ) for the computer  one time for each  user Every time i did maintance.

cause windows was treating each desktop like a different computer.  and believe me that gets to be long and boring with a lot of users.

you say you have winxp  they at ms said they had this problem fixed in winxp but you say it is still there.

;D ;D ;D   thanks a bunch as i will now not set up multiple users on this xp.  saved me a lot of headache ;D

roving cowboy / keith hall
Pages: [1]   Go Up