INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mac Video User Interface odd behavior  (Read 2672 times)

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Mac Video User Interface odd behavior
« on: October 26, 2015, 08:15:19 pm »

This behavior happens in full screen mode, AKA Display View (Command-3).  Several related things happen:

1.  The control bar will disappear *immediately* when clicking on the timeline to scrub to a different spot in the video that's being played.
2.  The control bar will not appear when moving the pointer to the top or side of the screen.  Moving all the way to the bottom of the screen and then back to the top resets it.
3.  The mouse pointer disappears entirely.  Moving all the way to the bottom and back makes it appear again.  Note this carries over into Standard View. The pointer is entirely gone, but you can see interface elements lighting up as you pass over them. A full movement all the way to the bottom of the screen makes the pointer reappear.
4.  Panes and lists "flash" bright white with every tiny scroll.  If you scroll say 10 items down, you get (seemingly) 10 flashes, which makes the screen almost impossible to read until you stop scrolling.  Note, if you are using a very bright white skin like Noire, the flashes are more subtle, as they are flashing more like dark gray.

You can induce #1 by skipping to the next video in Playing Now and then trying to scrub through the video.
#2 and 3 are hard to induce, but it happens with enough viewing.  I'll post if I figure out an exact way to induce the behavior.
#4 happens *constantly*.  Just play a video, scrub around in it a bit, and then return to a view with a list or Pane.  You'll see the flashes.  The only way to fix it is to restart MC.

These are all pretty annoying, but #4 makes it very hard to use MC and forces me to restart it fairly frequently.

Thanks,

Brian.

blgentry

Re: Mac Video User Interface odd behavior
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 12:01:52 pm »

Bump.

Has anyone else seen any of this happening?  I know Hendrick doesn't use a Mac so how about any of the other JRiver guys?  Can you reproduce any of these issues?

Brian.

mike.s

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 11:14:50 am »

Bump.

Has anyone else seen any of this happening?  I know Hendrick doesn't use a Mac so how about any of the other JRiver guys?  Can you reproduce any of these issues?

Brian.
I am definitely seeing 1 & 2.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 08:25:42 pm »

I am definitely seeing 1 & 2.

Yup.  And I've seen #3 but far more infrequently lately.

#4 I've heard reported in the past, but I haven't noticed it.  I just use the default Noire skin though.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 08:31:58 pm »

#4 I've heard reported in the past, but I haven't noticed it.  I just use the default Noire skin though.

I just tried. Now, I should note I didn't try it very long, but... I couldn't reproduce it at all.  Looked very carefully, and I see no flashing at all after playing some videos and scrubbing around, and then going back to various different views and scrolling around.

I didn't have any of the other listed issues just now either, though I've seen the pointer related problems before.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up