INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote 3.22 available at App store  (Read 20530 times)

Cinelder

• World Citizen
JRemote 3.22 available at App store
« on: October 26, 2015, 09:22:12 pm »

So far, so good...

firedog

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRemote 3.22 available at App store
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 08:26:39 am »

Some problems solved. Still crashes if you click on paper clip and then on a pdf file. (iPad mini,latest iOS)

sdmarquart

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 09:20:58 am »

Thanks JRiver dudes! It's working fine on my Ipad running IOS 9.1. Appreciate your hard work!

Bernhard

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 11:44:31 am »

Thank you for the new update  :)

But I have to report a bug, which is still present:
Metatag Editing > "Update all tracks"
It is only possible to check this option "before" any of the editing is done.

Thx, Bernhard

apeschi

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 05:09:26 pm »

Thanks for the update. Now search works !  :)

amsco15

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2015, 06:54:06 pm »

iPhone 5S and iPad mini 4.  Only problem, and it's minor, assets won't rotate on the iPhone 5S (I'm positive they did before - I used it relatively often).  All screens rotate fine on the IPad Mini 4.

Thanks!!!

firedog

• Junior Woodchuck
some bugs haven't been solved
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2015, 10:15:30 am »

Hi-

These are issues that only appeared with JRemote since iOS 9. I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with JRiver 20 on my server. They haven't been solved with v3.22.

1. pdf files don't display from JRemote; clicking on them causes it to crash;
2. I used to run only the  "media server" app on my server and not the full version of JRiver. However, now if I try to do this, JRemote often loses my playlist - it disappears, except for the  currently playing track. If I go back to my server and open the full version of JRiver, I see only this one track, not the full playlist I started with. If I leave the full version of JRiver running all the time I don't have this problem, but my understanding is that the "media server" app is supposed to be all one needs running on the server when running JRemote.

Comments?

amsco15

• World Citizen
Re: some bugs haven't been solved
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2015, 11:37:12 am »

Hi-

These are issues that only appeared with JRemote since iOS 9. I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with JRiver 20 on my server. They haven't been solved with v3.22.

On my iPhone 5S and iPad mini 4, assets (pdfs) appear just fine.  Note, as I described above, the only problem I experience with assets (pdfs) is that they don't rotate on my iPhone 5S.  I am running JRiver 21 but doubt that is the difference in our experiences with assets.

apeschi

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2015, 03:51:09 pm »

Now search work.... but... I find something strange.
No more crash but..
If I insert an autor name to search, in some case I found albums ... and.. and tracks, in other cases I found only tracks. It works not like before IOS 9.x and before problems.
It seems that if there are a lot of tracks (or a lot of items), it cannot read and/or display all kind of items but only tracks also if there are other items like albums and so on, so I can see only tracks and no more albums and so on..,
This is strange. Seems that still are problems. Has been solved crash problems, but search on jremote still does not run as before.
Please, could you check and fix all problems?
Thanks a lot

firedog

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: some bugs haven't been solved
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2015, 11:11:04 pm »

Hi-

2. I used to run only the  "media server" app on my server and not the full version of JRiver. However, now if I try to do this, JRemote often loses my playlist - it disappears, except for the  currently playing track. If I go back to my server and open the full version of JRiver, I see only this one track, not the full playlist I started with. If I leave the full version of JRiver running all the time I don't have this problem, but my understanding is that the "media server" app is supposed to be all one needs running on the server when running JRemote.

Comments?

It would be nice if someone from JRiver would read these comments and check the issues. It's been  a week since I posted this the first time.

amsco15

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2015, 06:59:57 am »

I'm not having the same issues; however, it does seem like JRemote is just not a priority.  In my case, without JRemote, I'm sure I'd look elsewhere for media software (sure don't want to though).  JRiver folks, and all those who help, have been great in every other area.  I've been provided fantastic support on several issues with JRiver and DLNA support.

apeschi

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2015, 03:21:58 pm »

I'm not having the same issues; however, it does seem like JRemote is just not a priority.  In my case, without JRemote, I'm sure I'd look elsewhere for media software (sure don't want to though).  JRiver folks, and all those who help, have been great in every other area.  I've been provided fantastic support on several issues with JRiver and DLNA support.

Yes. I agree. :)  :)

It will not be a priority, of course, but I have bought JRemote on Apple Store and I have paid for it.  :o
Was not free.  >:(
So I'm a paying customer.  :D
JRemote is not a free of charge feature but I have had to pay to have it.
And I have paid JRiver 17, 18, 19, 20, 21.
So, for me is a very high priority that all I have paid works good.
Otherwise I' will migrate to an open source sw, or a free sw.
If the sw is free of charge, i can understand that I have to accept the bugs.

sbright

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2015, 01:08:47 am »

Hi,

Is it possible to adjust the view\sort order?  Specifically for shows such that they are sorted by series, episode, and played?  Similar to the Theatre view option?

Thanks

sbright

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2015, 01:16:16 am »

Please disregard, found the answer in the forums.  Can I suggest making glynor's configuration the default?  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=97251.msg672824#msg672824

amsco15

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2015, 10:58:54 am »

Small issue.  On the main playing now page, JRemote attempts to show the file type at the bottom right hand of the screen in orange highlighted text.  In my case, 99.5% of my files are FLAC.  Sometimes a clear FLAC is displayed; however, usually it is only a partial "F."  This issue only applies to my iPhone 5S and not my iPad mini 4. 

For clarity, the bottom of my screen currently shows "Direct Stream 44.1kHz/16bit, 822Kbps F."  The F is only partially displayed. 

Afrosheen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2015, 07:38:57 pm »

Can you guys add back the ability to hide the playlist when in landscape mode?  One of my favorite features of the app is having the album artwork blow up and take up the entire screen as I'm driving. 

Please, please, please add this feature back. 

Afrosheen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2015, 01:42:36 pm »

Can you guys add back the ability to hide the playlist when in landscape mode?  One of my favorite features of the app is having the album artwork blow up and take up the entire screen as I'm driving. 

Is this possible to add back? There is also no time scrubber anymore when in landscape mode, so can't move the song back or forward anymore.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2015, 03:45:52 pm »

Just tap on the artwork.
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

senojhrj1

• Recent member
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2015, 09:55:20 am »

:)
Lespaul,
Next week I will be 70 years old.  I have been involved in the computer industry since 1968.  I have seen many, many systems, apps, and pieces of software across multiple industries.

Your JRemote is the finest application I have ever experienced or read about in published materials.

Your professionalism in dealing with the people and their requests/issues is above all examples of personal achievement I have seen or would expect.

I have read all posts of the major JRemote threads that started in December 2011.  It is a true pleasure to see your list of admirers and their enthusiasm grow, especially pcstockton, glynor, Matt and JimH.

My favorite musical creation is the Eagles Farewell Tour I From Melbourne in 2004.  I have always said the people at that concert did not pay enough for their tickets. 

I will say whatever amount of money you have made from JRemote is not nearly enough.

I have one question.  Do you still have the same girl friend?
["We" are actually just me and my girl, plus it sounds better than I:) ]

Harry Jones
Marietta Georgia

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2015, 01:02:06 pm »

Harry, you may want to PM your post to LesPaul to ensure that he gets it..
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm

sdmarquart

• World Citizen
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2015, 01:52:50 pm »

I agree with Harry! I've tried many, many streaming apps and JRemote kills them all. Most of my days are spent using this app. Solid!

Keep up the great work!

Afrosheen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2015, 08:40:56 pm »

Just tap on the artwork.
Thanks AndrewFG for the response.  I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, but tapping the album artwork while in landscape mode doesn't make the album artwork go full screen.  Is there a feature that I need to enable or something that I am missing?

Afrosheen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2015, 04:28:01 pm »

Thanks AndrewFG for the response.  I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, but tapping the album artwork while in landscape mode doesn't make the album artwork go full screen.  Is there a feature that I need to enable or something that I am missing?
any help?

Allen Brier

• Recent member
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2015, 05:28:40 pm »

I see JRemote is also available on Android v 4.0.

What is the difference between JRemote and Gizmo?

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2015, 05:44:58 am »

Afrosheen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2015, 12:49:09 am »

Could someone please confirm this? I'm on iPhone 6S+ running JRemote 3.22 and tapping on the album artwork while in landscape mode doesn't do anything for me. 

Afrosheen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2015, 10:45:28 pm »

Could someone please confirm this? I'm on iPhone 6S+ running JRemote 3.22 and tapping on the album artwork while in landscape mode doesn't do anything for me. 
Could someone other than AndrewFG please confirm that they can tap the album artwork while in landscape mode in JRemote 3.22 and it will make it fullscreen on their iPhone? I've deleted the app and reinstalled and still I get half screen of the album art and then on the right side I get a playlist window and that I cannot hide. 

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2015, 04:57:28 pm »

Could someone other than AndrewFG please confirm that they can tap the album artwork while in landscape mode in JRemote 3.22 and it will make it fullscreen on their iPhone? I've deleted the app and reinstalled and still I get half screen of the album art and then on the right side I get a playlist window and that I cannot hide. 
There seem to be issues with landscape mode on certain devices.

Afrosheen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2015, 09:14:20 pm »

Ok that's a relief.  Thanks for the heads up on that Bob.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2015, 01:38:14 am »

Does JRemote for IOS not do Play Doctor?

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2015, 06:29:50 pm »

*Bump*
I've tried searching but not getting anything useful :(

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2015, 07:02:59 pm »

Does JRemote for IOS not do Play Doctor?

Play Doctor works fine for me.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2015, 07:25:56 pm »

Thanks for that. Where do you get at it within the app?

I long press a track and "play with play doctor" is not presented as an option. Am I having a blonde moment here?

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2015, 11:49:02 am »

Also no rotation of images (landscape).  IPhone 6s.  Nothing rotates.  Any progress on this?

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2016, 07:05:35 am »

As AndrewFG has indicated that Play Doctor is there, a gentle *bump* for someone to take me by the hand and show me where to find it because I'm still drawing blanks here :(

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2016, 07:46:51 am »

Try press and hold on an audio track.

badger

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2016, 09:52:45 pm »

I guess I'm unclear if rotation... (or landscape) is a feature of this app or not.  I had assumed that rotating the phone would show an image in full screen... however this isn't working for me.  Can someone confirm if this function should be there?

IPhone 6S with 9.2

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2016, 02:18:15 am »

I guess I'm unclear if rotation... (or landscape) is a feature of this app or not.  I had assumed that rotating the phone would show an image in full screen... however this isn't working for me.  Can someone confirm if this function should be there?

IPhone 6S with 9.2
Morning badger (you still working with bodger btw?) :D
I'm still pretty new to the iWorld and also had issues with rotation. Turned out mine were caused by the zoom setting on the 6s+.
Responses to my questions can be found from here down...

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2016, 02:36:36 am »

As AndrewFG has indicated that Play Doctor is there, a gentle *bump* for someone to take me by the hand and show me where to find it because I'm still drawing blanks here :(

Try press and hold on an audio track.
That was the most intuitive thing that came to me, and where I looked first...

It's not there. Where on earth is it hiding?

-marko

badger

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2016, 02:29:08 pm »

Morning badger (you still working with bodger btw?) :D
I'm still pretty new to the iWorld and also had issues with rotation. Turned out mine were caused by the zoom setting on the 6s+.
Responses to my questions can be found from here down...

Nope, never worked with Bodger.  Seems like a wacky dude though...

I too am new to the iPhone.  Got a 6s "upgrade" for "free" when I added a couple phones and lines to my family plan.  I think I'll be switching back to my Nexus 5 shortly, but I thought I'd at least try the iPhone out for a bit.  Anyway, my 6s display is set to Standard, so it must be something else.  JRemote won't rotate the display at all for me.  I need it for images.  I like the JRemote "pinch & zoom" (which Gizmo won't do)... but without landscape mode.... viewing images is lacking.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2016, 04:24:33 pm »

It's not there. Where on earth is it hiding?

If you select "This Device" then the Play Using Play Doctor menu option does not appear. However if you select "Player" or any other UPNP renderer, then it does.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2016, 04:43:01 pm »

Thanks for the reply.

My usage is exclusively "This Device", so no Play Doctor for me then.

Gizmo has it on Android.
Are there any plans to bring this to JRemote?

-marko

Afrosheen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2016, 07:48:07 am »

Any hope of this being brought back…?
Pages: [1]   Go Up