INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: epg data server ?  (Read 2931 times)

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
epg data server ?
« on: October 17, 2015, 08:26:23 pm »

I have a maybe dumb question so go easy on me as I just discovered MC's TV capabilities:

I'm a happy MC user since years (audio / video) and my entire home av setup evolves "around" MC (but I actually never cared about the TV section). I also use an home automation solution.
I recently discovered MC's EPG grabbing ability (TV) which works fine for me on the main MC server.
My home automation system which is two way can "listen or query" udp or tcp ports and display customizable strings of data.

Is there or would there be a way that EPG data (for instance playing now and next program) could be made accessible over a specific port?
 ? Is this a dumb question??

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: epg data server ?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 08:27:06 am »

Maybe the DevZone (Developer link at the bottom) would help.  Take a look at the MCWS (Web Services) interface.

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 02:07:24 pm »

Hi Jim,
Thanks for your answer. I use MCWS extensively but haven't figured out or found a command in the documentation which would return EPG data of TV channels. I was sure this could be done somehow. MC is an API's dream offering so many ways to take information out or to control it. Maybe I just tell you what ideally would be excellent for my purpose (as this would tie MC even closer to my home automation solution) and would certainly also serve others I guess.

I have the TV EPG which I have setup in MC (mc2xml). Now I have all channels listed under Television with a perfect EPG data on the right-hand side. (BTW I use MC since years and honestly every now and then I discover new areas of it which are just so cool - I hadn't never looked at television functionality up to now). What would be perfect would be to have an MC port open (TDP/UDP socket) where one could send a query which would return or would push at regular intervals a string like : channel 1; {channel name}; {actual program}; {next program}; -maybe other fields; channel 2;  ...etc...

An home automation system like the one I have would be able to listen/get data from said socket and pick out the data segment which is needed. On the remotes the channel list could then display the currently running program and the next program for example.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking...anyway thanks for already having replied to this topic

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 11:48:59 am »

This keeps hunting me ...

Actually is there any MCWS command which allows me to grab whatever information which MC displays in the EPG window ? I haven't found one on the MCWS commands list ...

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 12:00:46 pm »

This keeps hunting me ...

Actually is there any MCWS command which allows me to grab whatever information which MC displays in the EPG window ? I haven't found one on the MCWS commands list ...

There is not.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up