INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: voxgena plug in eq  (Read 1437 times)

john11

• Recent member
voxgena plug in eq
« on: October 31, 2015, 09:50:49 pm »

Hi And thanks for reading this post

Stumbled on a thread about being able to use voxgena eq with jriver

1. Is this a good idea is the voxgena eq better than the jriver eq. Am looking at curve eq or gliss eq at $89 each

2. The jriver eq seems to compress the sound a little and the soundstage appears smaller. Is this a fair observation.

Thank you.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: voxgena plug in eq
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 11:39:30 pm »

I still have a license for Gliss EQ, but quit using it for EQ years ago when JRiver's EQ became available. Soundstage is based on reflections, so any EQ that lowers levels where you are having reflections in your room will cause the soundstage to be smaller.

JRiver's EQ and Gliss EQ use 64-bit floating point processing for the EQ.

theoctavist

• World Citizen
  • a bad liver and a broken heart.
Re: voxgena plug in eq
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 01:19:37 am »

Hi And thanks for reading this post

Stumbled on a thread about being able to use voxgena eq with jriver

1. Is this a good idea is the voxgena eq better than the jriver eq. Am looking at curve eq or gliss eq at $89 each

2. The jriver eq seems to compress the sound a little and the soundstage appears smaller. Is this a fair observation.

Thank you.

I don't think it is a fair observation if the output is identical. You are reaping the rewards of expectation bias. of *course* a paid EQ will sound better than the inbuilt one.  That isn't an issue of sonics, but of psychology.

I dont use EQ for home listening..but for audio production/mixing/mastering, I really *love* algorithmix linear phase eq red and equilibrium.   http://dmgaudio.com/products_equilibrium.php and https://www.meldaproduction.com/plugins/product.php?id=MAutoDynamicEq

Pages: [1]   Go Up