INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [21.0.17] Xbox One centralisation  (Read 2083 times)

Goatshade

• Citizen of the Universe
[21.0.17] Xbox One centralisation
« on: November 02, 2015, 01:20:36 am »

So this time, I'm really just looking for some insight. I apologise if this is the wrong board for this.

I went ahead and changed my setup so that my A/V receiver's HDMI out connects to my Xbox One's HDMI in, the latter normally being intended for cable set-top boxes and the like. My TV is now connected to said Xbox One's HDMI out. Now, I'm pretty much accessing my HTPC, and every other device connected to my A/V receiver, via my Xbox One's TV app. All of this is purely for the sake of experimentation, mind you; I can change it back rather easily.

I just wanted to know if there's any particular reason I shouldn't do this. Centralising my entire home theatre system to my Xbox One is not an undesirable concept, considering that such is one of the device's primary stated purposes.

For the record, I tested audio playback with this setup. Working well so far.

On a related note, is it possible to control MC in theatre view with an Xbox One controller, likely connected to the HTPC via USB? It would be kinda cool to scroll through my media library with the D-pad. :P

Goatshade

Re: [21.0.17] Xbox One centralisation
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 03:20:59 pm »

No thoughts?

ferday

• MC Beta Team
Re: [21.0.17] Xbox One centralisation
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 07:05:45 pm »

i have nothing to add, but it's on my list to get my Xbox one into the HTPC setup as the family likes to use it, so i'm interested in seeing any commentary!
Pages: [1]   Go Up