INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Volume issues  (Read 1838 times)

Tanoshimi

• Junior Woodchuck
Video Volume issues
« on: October 14, 2015, 10:06:59 am »

Simply put, I have to max out MC21, Windows, and my receiver to even hear video.  This causes the ugly hum from speakers, and any Windows notification sounds nearly blow out my eardrums.  Music/Audio play normally, and normal volume settings, but Video can only be heard by maxing everything.

Lil help here?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Video Volume issues
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 10:54:23 am »

Your audio setup is probably not correct, or something is muted.

Look in the Windows Mixer.

Try a different volume setting in MC.  Try "Internal".

You may have the settings for wrong for the number of channels in the audio.  5.1 needs 5.1.  etc.

wer

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 12:37:41 am »

When I first installed MC21 I saw the same issue, but there's a setting that helps.

In MC21, go to Options->Audio->Audio Device->Device Settings    and make sure you have a checkmark next to "Maximize device volume during playback"

The wording of this setting makes it sound like a bad thing, but it fixed a similar problem for me.  Your volume control will work normally even when this is turned on.  I'm not sure if this is relevant to all sound cards; I'm using HDMI on an AMD graphics card.

Tanoshimi

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 07:02:20 am »

Thanks for both of the replies, but neither helped.  This problem, as I mentioned, if video only, audio plays normally, so it's not a windows setting.  And in MC21, that checkbox does not appear there.

Also, I feel like I've tried every setting there is, but for whatever reason, audio (music and spoken word) plays fine, but video files play at about 1/10th the volume. 

Since no one else is seeing this behavior, it's not a flaw in MC21, so it has to be a setting I have set.  Does anyone know enough about all of the audio settings to guess which one would be making video so low, but regular audio regular?

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 07:34:20 am »

Are you using the same zone for audio and video? Or do you have a specific zone set up for video?  Look at MC's volume slider (upper left) during video playback.  Is it all the way up?

Are you using bitstreaming at all?  What are your settings in DSP Studio > Output Format > Channels?

Are you connected via HDMI to an AV receiver?  Does the receiver detect the type of audio being sent to it?  I.E. PCM, Dolby Digital, DTS, etc.

I don't have the answer, just some things for you to look at.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up