INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Basic remote control  (Read 1717 times)

lian00

Basic remote control
« on: November 03, 2015, 08:59:55 am »

Hello,
sorry for such a newbie question. I am searching for a remote control solution (MC 12). I have no smartphone for the moment  ::). Will a standard remote control for Windows Media Center work with MediaCenter - like http://www.amazon.com/SANOXY%C2%AE-Wireless-Remote-Control-Mouse/dp/B0050PUGZE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1446562709&sr=8-3&keywords=remote+control+pc

If you have any suggestion, I will be happy. Thanks.
JRiver Media Center 21 - Windows 7 64 bits

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Basic remote control
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 12:35:05 pm »

http://www.amazon.com/HP-Infrared-Receiver-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B00KDNIRYA/ref=pd_sim_23_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=41AfWQGA9aL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=0YZBZWH0DB1PRDHG6QD4

Hi! Not a dumb question at all. I found that if you see the green windows button on the remote it should work fine (see the picture in the amazon link). A remote that you know works for WMC will work.However a lot of remotes that don't have windows buttons -- I know there are people that use the Harmony line of remotes from Logitech. The HP receiver is actually pretty good (JRiver used to sell it) -- the remote itself is not that great, but it works -- you get what you pay for  :)  I changed to a better remote but kept the receiver.

PS -- I think you meant MC 21 not 12 right ... 12 was like over ten years ago ... if thats what you are still using I haven't a clue what works or was supported then

lian00

Re: Basic remote control
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 09:45:08 am »

Thanks for the answer. It's still MC 12 :-) I bought a DAC last year (iBasso DX90) and remembered I bought MC12 and could use it for music management on my computer (I bought MC12 because I searched for an alternative to Apple iTunes for my wife's iPod). I will probably upgrade MediaCenter as I use it now everyday.
JRiver Media Center 21 - Windows 7 64 bits
Pages: [1]   Go Up