INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adjacent column split views are snapping their dividers to each other  (Read 2877 times)

Windcrest77

• Junior Woodchuck

I did a columnar Split View so I could use 2 soundcard zones (one for the main speakers and another for headphones to cue songs)

I want these 2 split views be totally independent of each other with different song lists.

I want the right view black splitter bar to be dragged all the way up so the 12 preset buttons are tight against the top of the screen.

I want the left view black splitter to have that divider bar lower so I can see the "Play Doctor" in view all the time.

However occasionally the split bars jump to "match each other" automatically.

How can I tell these two split views to not synch their horizontal splitter bars with each other?

Attached are 2 screenshots, the way I want it to stay, and the way it keeps snapping itself on me, which I dont want.

The program is automatically assuming I want the two split views to have the same divider bar position and changing it.

Thanks

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Adjacent column split views are snapping their dividers to each other
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 11:00:42 am »

Unfortunately, what you're asking about is not possible to do in Media Center. With split views, in the example you provided, you basically have two instances of the same window open. The adjustments you make to the window in one column are applied to the other column because it's still the same window. It just doesn't update the change until the column becomes active. So, I don't believe there is a way to work around this.

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 02:15:24 pm »

With split views, in the example you provided, you basically have two instances of the same window open.

He's trying to show two different Zones of Playing Now in splits.  Are you saying it's "the same window" because they are both Playing Now, even though both are showing different Zones?  I think you are; and this is an interesting thing I hadn't noticed.

I just tried opening two different zones in two different tabs, each showing Playing Now, but showing a different zone in each tab.  Sure enough, as soon as I change the horizontal splitter on one, it changes on the other too!  As you said, it's the same window.

It's too bad this can't be done.  I know MC is NOT designed to be DJ software.  I've read a few threads where requests have been made and it doesn't seem to be a priority.  Which makes sense because the "real pro DJ" software market is very focused and specific.  It's just too bad MC doesn't do just a *little* more with the DJ aspect, as there are several rather enthusiastic MC customers that seem to love it for DJing.  :)

Brian.

BradATIMA

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 02:47:33 pm »

He's trying to show two different Zones of Playing Now in splits.  Are you saying it's "the same window" because they are both Playing Now, even though both are showing different Zones?  I think you are; and this is an interesting thing I hadn't noticed.

I just tried opening two different zones in two different tabs, each showing Playing Now, but showing a different zone in each tab.  Sure enough, as soon as I change the horizontal splitter on one, it changes on the other too!  As you said, it's the same window.

It's too bad this can't be done.  I know MC is NOT designed to be DJ software.  I've read a few threads where requests have been made and it doesn't seem to be a priority.  Which makes sense because the "real pro DJ" software market is very focused and specific.  It's just too bad MC doesn't do just a *little* more with the DJ aspect, as there are several rather enthusiastic MC customers that seem to love it for DJing.  :)

Brian.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say. I probably revised that post a dozen times trying to figure out how to word it. Updating the position of the slider in one column will affect both because they're both the Playing Now window. I spent a while trying to figure out a way to work around this issue, but with no success. Maybe someone else will have some other ideas.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 05:11:46 pm »

What about running two instances of MC, side by side?

I know that has some downsides and caveats, but it may work. After all, there is a setting to allow it under Options/General/Advanced.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2015, 10:43:14 am »

Coming next build:
Changed: The splitter in Playing Now is now zone specific so that having two Playing Now views open will allow independent setting of the splitter.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2015, 11:35:47 am »

well Matt, that is pretty awesome, thanks

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2015, 05:21:01 pm »

I agree, that is really awesome.

Request, discuss, coded. That is why the JRiver development model works so well.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up