INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Edited views not being reflected in views for JRemote, Gizmo and WebGizmo. . .  (Read 1914 times)

Spike1000

• Citizen of the Universe

Quickie:

I have a custom view under my 'Audio' section. I added this to 'Customise views for JRemote, Gizmo and WebGizmo' so I can 'see' it on my tablets. All been working well for months.

I edited the Audio custom view on my MC, the content of the view changed on MC as expected , I then restated MC and MC server (in fact the PC was rebooted). The thing is that 'Customise views for JRemote, Gizmo and WebGizmo' and hence the tablet still shows the old 'rules for the file display'. I expected the changes to have propagated through. Is this normal behaviour?

It's an easy fix but I thought the changes would have been applied in both locations. . .

Update: I deleted and re-added the view on my MC 'Customise views for JRemote, Gizmo and WebGizmo' and thought all was well. . . but it turned out that that change didn't propagate to my Client MC so I rebooted the client PC as well and the edited view was finally working on my tablet (the tablet ways set to talk to the client MC)

Spike

Castius

When you edit remote views. You need to restart the server.
I really hate this and wish they would improve that.

glynor

• MC Beta Team

Changes do not propagate from Standard View to Media Network (or Theater View).  You can import views from Standard View into Media Network or Theater View with the Add button, but they are copies, and are then independent.

If you want to see changes in your corresponding Media Network view, you'll need to edit it, and then (yes) restart the server.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Spike1000

Thanks for confirming this is normal behaviour as they are copied not linked.

I've learned that I have to restart the MC server for changes in views for JRemote, Gizmo and WebGizmo to come through. I guess it's no real surprise that I had to do the client as well. Would be much better if the whole MC 'network' synchronised itself but it's not a show stopper for me.

Cheers

Spike
Pages: [1]   Go Up