INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Movies show up in tree view but not in theater view?  (Read 2284 times)

Deadking

Movies show up in tree view but not in theater view?
« on: November 05, 2015, 12:45:30 pm »

Howdy!
I'm in that newbie phase and trying JRiver out. Currently a Plex user and looking to switch for the better audio...very happy so far! My problem is stated above. Music, TV Shows and Movies all imported fine and work except movies do not show up in theater mode. HELP please.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Movies show up in tree view but not in theater view?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 12:48:31 pm »

Check the Media Sub-type tag.

Deadking

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 12:58:52 pm »

I apologize for my ignorance, but I have no idea what you're saying to do...not a computer wizard here...just a normal human. Thanks

BradATIMA

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 01:13:44 pm »

When you're in the 'Videos' section of the tree on the left-hand side. Select one of your movie files. Go to Edit -> Tag. This will open up the tagging pane on the left-hand side. Scroll down until you see "Media Sub Type." Make sure it's not blank or listed incorrectly. You'll need to make sure all the video files have the appropriate Media Sub Type.

wer

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 02:15:52 pm »

If the Media Sub Type tag doesn't show, you can right click on any entry in the tag area and an "Also show..." Menu option will appear.

Also, you should be aware that Theater Mode has totally separate view definitions from the main tree view you see when you start JRiver Media Center.  So just because you see something in the tree view, doesn't mean you'll see it in a theater view that just happens to have the same name.

To access the view definitions for theater mode, go to Tools->Options->Theater View.

JRiver is extremely powerful in this regard.

Deadking

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 09:54:41 am »

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the help...but...all the movies have a "Media Sub Type." label "Movie" already there. It had a rule set for "Date" that I deleted after noticing it missing in shows or music.
 Saved, closed, re-entered J River and Wallah!  My movie magically appeared...thanks to you both...I shall now attempt to change the skin in Theater mode.

Pages: [1]   Go Up