INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRSS down-mixing and psuedo-surround  (Read 4428 times)

zydeco

• Junior Woodchuck
JRSS down-mixing and psuedo-surround
« on: November 07, 2015, 02:59:31 pm »

I'm running "2 channels inside a 7.1 container" to cater for active stereo speakers and using JRSS mixing to down-mix multi-channel sources to stereo. What is the goal of the "detect stereo sources in surround (psuedo-surround") check-box? Also, a number of videos have multiple sound-tracks (e.g., stereo, 5.1). Is there a way to set-up JRiver so that it selects the stereo mix as the default for all such videos? Or do I need to do this on a file-by-file basis?

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: JRSS down-mixing and psuedo-surround
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 09:22:58 am »

I'm running "2 channels inside a 7.1 container" to cater for active stereo speakers and using JRSS mixing to down-mix multi-channel sources to stereo. What is the goal of the "detect stereo sources in surround (psuedo-surround") check-box? Also, a number of videos have multiple sound-tracks (e.g., stereo, 5.1). Is there a way to set-up JRiver so that it selects the stereo mix as the default for all such videos? Or do I need to do this on a file-by-file basis?
The "detect stereo sources . . ." option was added as a check-box to test functionality with some sources. It should usually be checked. TV shows will sometimes have a 5.1 stream, but only have stereo content within the 5.1. JRiver tries to detect this and will upmix the stereo to 5.1. It is primarily an up-mixing feature.

zydeco

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRSS down-mixing and psuedo-surround
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 03:25:59 pm »

Thanks, Mojave. Is there a way to define the default soundtrack on videos that have multiple sound-tracks? (I'd like all to default to stereo rather than multi-channel which is then downmixed.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up