INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sync a MC playlist with android device  (Read 5905 times)

franswilco

• World Citizen
Sync a MC playlist with android device
« on: November 08, 2015, 06:04:10 am »

Hey guys,

I'm giving up on this syncing business. I'm simply trying to copy playlists and their related songs from MC to my Android device. Call me stupid, fine, but can please somebody help me?

- After plugging in my phone via USB cable to the computer, MC lists the device under "Driver & Devices". Then, it takes forever for MC to stop saying "working". It doesn't matter if it's the phone's internal memory, the phone's SD card, empty or full. Why does it take so long for MC to stop saying "working"?

- Playlists copied to the device never work. Songs in the playlist ARE copied to the device. However, the playlists themselves never work on the device. They are either empty or very, very, incomplete. I don't get it. How do I make playlists work from MC to the device? Manually exporting playlists after importing is annoying. Not to mention this won't work with any smart playlists that select songs randomly.

I have these issues ever since I started using MC. Using LG G2, LG G4, Android 4.whatever, 5.whatever... Using the built-in music app or a third party app such as rocket player (paid version). Manually re-scanningthe phone for songs won't work. The songs that were copied to the phone simply don't match the playlists copied to the phone.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Sync a MC playlist with android device
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 07:00:00 am »

Use Handheld Sync in the Action Window in the lower left corner, not Drives and Devices.

franswilco

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 09:59:47 am »

Hi Jim,

I tried your suggestion. Additionally, I plug-in the SD-card directly into the computer. This speeds up the "working" by quite a bit. The playlists aren't empty anymore but still not acquired, song number wise. However, this is an improvement. I transcode each song to MP3 just to be sure that wasn't an issue before and it turned out it wasn't, so.

dafloydman

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 02:54:39 am »

Hi , i have had constant issues syncing my android device s3 and s3 note as well fortunately with data bundles becoming more generous here in australia using jriver to stream has been almost flawless , that said if you create a folder on your system ( computer) and treat that as a portable device that may work for you from there you can copy from your computer to your smartphone using es file explorer or even one of the android file syncing apps that promise to wirelessly keep your phone in sync with a designated folder.
as far as your playlist issue this is being caused by one of your playlist  settings in the sync window . I think from memory relative paths is the one that i have used , i would suggest syncing one file and trying the m3u until you get the setting that your phone and media player understand .
I should also mention that my sync issues were not unique to jriver . Media Monkey and winamp produced similar frustrations this all began when android removed hard drive mode from there system after the s2
smartphone.

franswilco

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 05:45:38 am »

Thank you for your suggestion. Putting the SD card directly in the computer now neatly copies the songs. I just got to figure out the playlists. Mine are difficult because I got them to shuffle. So they change each time you view them.

franswilco

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2015, 11:13:12 am »

There's definitely going wrong during sync. Somehow the playlist files on the SD-card end up empty (0KB) after a sync has been completed.

My solution is to wipe the card and then do a clean sync. This takes a long time for 16 GB of course. Manually exporting the playlists won't work as the filepaths within the exported playlists are not correct. I could manually find and replace them but this also means exporting each playlist one by one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up