INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How install dmg audio equilibrium into jriver media center?  (Read 4588 times)

maoxixi

How install dmg audio equilibrium into jriver media center?
« on: November 08, 2015, 10:46:22 am »

How install dmg audio equilibrium into jriver media center21?
I installed the equilibrium and licence, and when I relaunch the media center21, nothing happened.
what am I missing? I downloaded equilibrium from the official dmg audio website, is the equilibrium a plug-in for jriver mediacenter21?
I just want to use a EQ plug-in, and there is no plugin manager, I tried everything, this thing just beat me.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How install dmg audio equilibrium into jriver media center?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 10:55:26 am »

After you extract the plugin from the DMG, you'll need to point Media Center to the plugin.  Note:  A DMG is kind of like a zip file.  It has files *inside* it that you need to copy to somewhere else on your system.  Once that's done, tell JRiver MC where to find the file:

Player > DSP Studio > Manage Plugins (bottom left).

If it's a VST plugin, it should work.

Brian.

maoxixi

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 11:31:20 am »

Thanks for the prompt reply, the dmg audio equilibrium files named  "EQuilibriumMac_v1.51.pkg" I installed it, and nothing happened, and I did the dsp studio > manage plug-ins > add JRiver, VST or winamp plug-ins, and I can't chose the the dmg audio equilibrium files named  "EQuilibriumMac_v1.51.pkg".

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 12:28:16 pm »

A PKG file is an installer.  If you ran the PKG file, it should have installed the files somewhere.  Unfortunately I don't know where the installer puts the VST files.  I read the manual and it's not very helpful.  It says to "restart host" when you're done.  Which may mean that it installs some kind of kernel extension, which I personally would try to avoid.

If you can't figure it out on your own, you may need to contact the maker of the plugin to find out where the installer puts the VST files.

Good luck.

Brian.

maoxixi

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 01:01:42 pm »

Okay, thanks so much for the help.

Jumpsturdy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 11:28:46 am »

Generally, audio plugins (once installed) are going to live in the Audio folder of your internal hard drive. HD/Library/Audio/Plugins/VST. Occasionally they get put into the Users Library, but that is not the expected behavior.
Pages: [1]   Go Up