INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Right click analysis  (Read 1363 times)

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
Right click analysis
« on: September 04, 2003, 04:01:13 pm »

In Action Window
----------------------

The main option when right clicking a selection in AW's PN page is "Show it as window". IMO, it does not makes sense. Nobody wuold try to "Show it as window" right-clicking in a file... Right click menu should be context menu.

Also, if user right clicks AW's PN page (without any selection), only that option appear ("Show it as window"). IMO, the correct context items should be "Clear Playing Now", "Shuffle",...

IN DETAILED LIST (How do you call that?)
----------------------

If you right click in a selection in the detailed list (the grid) appears an item to show "Action Window (Ctrl-Enter)". IMO, we do not need that option any more, since AW is always present (in previous versions, it actually dissapears). CONTROL-ENTER used to be "Properties Window", we could reuse that keyboard shortcut...

If you right click the detailed list (without any selection), no context menu appears. IMO, list style menu should appear.

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Right click analysis
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2003, 04:15:15 pm »

Also, if user right clicks AW's PN page (without any selection), only that option appear ("Show it as window"). IMO, the correct context items should be "Clear Playing Now", "Shuffle",...

By the way, I never use "Clear Playing Now". Instead, I send something else to it. However, I showed MC to two persons, and I tried to teach them basic functionality. Both persons asked me how to clear playing now. In their opinion, that was a basic option, and expected to find it in their faces...

These two persons used MMJB, so I checked how it works and how it looks. IMO, it is ugly, and lack a lot of basic features (to me), but it have a button to "Clear Playing Now" in his "Action window".

MMJB play controls (play, stop, next, fwd, pause) are similar to your logo. So a MMJB user tried to control playback by clicking the default cover art (it appeared in a Track info visualization). I get so surprised, but I understand his reaction (I've seen MC evolution, he does not).  

I suggest you to analyse what a MMJB user (and WMP's, and Real One's) expects to find in a jukebox. You should try to make migration as easy as possible.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2003, 04:09:20 am »

I am also very surprised that you do not use your fabulous MC9 logo also for controls (Play, Stop etc.)

One seeing the logo would expect it to be a a set of controls (such as the similar controls in WinDVD).

BDR

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2003, 10:16:53 am »

I totally agree with the need for contex sensitive right click capability within MC9.1, particularly within the AW.  I am using MC on a dedicated system in the living room just as music server.  The ability to do as much as possible with the mouse without dragging out the keyboard is VERY important.  My teenage daughter has already figured out MC but the inclusion of more right click capabilities will really help with my technology challanged wife.  I also agree with Polonio's friends about the need for easier "Clear Playing" access.
Pages: [1]   Go Up