INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 21 not finding cover art in folder  (Read 4235 times)

patented_licks

• Junior Woodchuck
MC 21 not finding cover art in folder
« on: September 10, 2015, 06:20:09 pm »

MC 21 is not finding cover art in the folder, particularly if it is a hidden file. This is a bug introduced in version 21, as version 20 did not have the problem.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 21 not finding cover art in folder
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 07:03:33 pm »

Works fine for me in MC21.

Check your Options/Files Locations/Cover Art settings. Something may have been changed during the upgrade. MC21.0.4 had some issue with bringing settings etc. across from MC20. So if you upgraded first to that version, that could be the problem.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

patented_licks

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 02:12:58 am »

"Works for me" is a stupid reply, for what should be an obvious reason.

The settings were fine. Bug.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 04:49:50 am »

"Works for me" is a stupid reply [...]

It is not. It indicates that it is no "global" bug thats hits every single user. Important to know for the devs. So the "bug" may be connected to some special setup.

And RoderickGI not only stated that it works for him he also tried to help you to see if there is something wrong at your side. No "stupid" thought as if it works for someone and it doesn't for somebody else there may be something wrong with somebodys setup.

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 09:10:41 am »

If cover art is in an external folder, and *not* inside of the media files, don't you need to manually copy the cover art folder from MC20 to MC21?  It's not part of the backup and restore process as far as I know.

Brian.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 05:19:08 pm »

It is not.
Thanks StFeder. Much appreciated.

"Works for me" is a stupid reply, for what should be an obvious reason.

The answer confirms the problem isn't universal, and points you to a couple of areas which could be causing, or have caused the problem?

Those of us who help here on the forums often deal with all sorts of questions, for people with all levels of technical capability. Often the first conclusion they jump to is "Bug". Often they don't actually provide much, if any information, and expect others on the forum to be mind readers.

So, we throw out a bit of information, perhaps ask a question, and see if we can get enough information to actually help.

Brian has given a further hint. Perhaps if you told us what version you upgraded from and to, and when, and what you did as part of the upgrade. Perhaps if you read my whole answer and realised that I mentioned there was a problem with settings for one version of MC21, which is why I asked you to check settings. Perhaps if you explained whether you use a Cover Art folder, or put your Cover Art next to the media file. Perhaps if you explained why you would have Cover Art files hidden. Then perhaps we may be able to help.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

DaremoS

• World Citizen
  • Rock is not just music... is a way of living
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 07:37:37 pm »

My problem is a bit different MC21 is adding an "album" folder which is not in settings.
Ie... set to music/cover art/
cover are stored in music/cover art/album/

TIA

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2015, 09:15:40 pm »

I agree with the OP "work for me" means go to hell with your stupid question. UNPOLITE!!

My problem is a bit different MC21 is adding an "album" folder which is not in settings.
Ie... set to music/cover art/
cover are stored in music/cover art/album/

TIA

That behavior is completely normal since the cover art folder is not used strictly for music albums.

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Cover_Art#Cover_Art_Folder

MC 21 is not finding cover art in the folder, particularly if it is a hidden file. This is a bug introduced in version 21, as version 20 did not have the problem.

What do you mean by "the folder."

DaremoS

• World Citizen
  • Rock is not just music... is a way of living
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2015, 10:10:13 pm »

That behavior is completely normal since the cover art folder is not used strictly for music albums.

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Cover_Art#Cover_Art_Folder

What do you mean by "the folder."

Until MC20, I put in Tools>Options>File Location>Cover Art>Audio Mode:In a specified folder ... Folder:x:\Musica\Cover Art\
then downloaded covers were stored into that specified folder

Now in MC21, the program, not the user, had added an extra folder called \Albums\ ... (and it seems it has been added another one, called \Videos\)

and now covers are stored in x:\Musica\Cover Art\Albums\
(and some covers have appeared in x:\Musica\Cover Art\Videos\ automatically)

In my huge collection all covers are stored as in MC20. then those not added in tags, appeared as without cover in the views.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2015, 04:35:59 am »

DaremoS,
Your comment was not helpful.

Everyone,
I removed some of the grumpiness above.

We're all just ants on a big planet.

DaremoS