INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are MC 9.1 basic functions reliable now?  (Read 1113 times)

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
Are MC 9.1 basic functions reliable now?
« on: September 04, 2003, 10:39:02 pm »

As some of you may know I run a multizone system in my house, with two computers running MC, plus one in the Chevy Suburban SUV. This system has worked flawlessly for myself, my son and my wife for a very long time now (probably some time early spring, when MC9 got rid of the final really serious bugs). And the wife part is the most important - it took me several months to make her accept the system, and it does not take many crashes or other kinds of errors before we'll be back to: "Please, honey, I promise it's working again now..." I had more than enough of that back in the bad, old days, when I was running MJB8 on the living room zone and two or three instances of WinAmp (or Brand Eeeech, as I prefer to call that piece of cr...).

So I'm wondering if 9.1 has arrived there now. Can I safely install it on the three systems and expect basic functions, that is playback, CD-burning and basic library management (nothing more advanced than tagging and importing MP3 tracks), to work without hitches? I use regular direct sound, no ASIO, and I don't play any other files than MP3 and WAV (some temporary radio recordings) on this system. So what do you guys say?
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

jleerigby

Re: Are MC 9.1 basic functions reliable now?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2003, 11:13:55 pm »

All these functions have been stable for ages as far as I'm concerned.  There have been little annoyances and optimizations needed here and there but I can count on 1 hand the number of times MC has crashed in the 4 months I've been using the beta.  I use direct sound too.  An example of the sort of bugs I've been affected by (all now fixed) are:
* CD text not working
* Views not saving sort order when MC is opened and closed.
* Cross fade not working properly

These are hardly likely to throw the missus into a grump!
Pages: [1]   Go Up