INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver MC 20 to 21  (Read 1798 times)

Mustangjeff

• Recent member
JRiver MC 20 to 21
« on: November 14, 2015, 10:54:18 am »

I apologize if this has already been covered.

I was using MC20 and bought the license upgrade to MC21.  When MC21 was released I installed the package and now I have both version on my system which is running Windows 10.  I went to uninstall MC20, and I'm receiving a prompt to remove registry entries (checked). 

The two version are conflicting a bit.  MC20 starts up when the PC boots, but I have MC21 configured for startup.  I just want MC21 on the PC.

If I remove media center registry entries, will this break MC21?

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver MC 20 to 21
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 11:48:04 am »

No.  Just uninstall it.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver MC 20 to 21
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 08:00:05 pm »

Actually I believe that it is best to first run MC20, then exit it, and then uninstall it. While MC20 is running I would also check that it definitely not set to start either Media Server or itself with Windows, just to be sure.

This is because when you run an earlier version of MC that is not the version usually run, it will register its own version of certain files, such as filters and DLLs. The MC20 version of those files need to be registered for the MC20 uninstall to work correctly and fully.

Then just run MC21 again and it will register its own versions of those files.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up