INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CPU maxing out, tracks break up. Try better distro/desktop/MC combo?  (Read 3034 times)

Jay Fora

• Recent member

Hi, CPU no longer maxes out just when open GUI, but have discovered it does so on every audio track I play. MC works flawlessly in Windows on same machine. I am using linux mint cinnamon, and am ready to try another distro/desktop combination just so that I can get MC working properly.
Am transitioning from Windows to LInux and am 'over it' with software fiddling for now. Is there any Debian distro/desktop environment that MC is the most likely to be successful with, that still allows most things to be done through GUI? THe desktop question is relevent due to the cautionary advice below from the Debian.org website, which is applicable to my AMD Radeon 6310 graphics card, and the Driver for it that is compatible with Jessie  -

https://wiki.debian.org/ATIProprietary

'Debian 8 "Jessie"

AMD Catalyst 14.9

For support of Radeon R9 200, Radeon R7 200, Radeon HD 8000, Radeon HD 7000, Radeon HD 6000 and Radeon HD 5000 series GPUs (supported devices).

This driver is incompatible with the GNOME desktop, as it does not support the EGL interface.

It is recommended to use the free radeon driver instead.'

There is no such warning for Wheezy.
Thanks

Pages: [1]   Go Up