INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: can't connect to any server  (Read 849 times)

adealey

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
can't connect to any server
« on: February 11, 2003, 05:57:13 am »

Argh... my Media Jukebox 8 installation has croaked for no apparent reason. It is no longer willing to connect to my media server nor will it connect to the JRiver server to check for updates (I know... these would seem to be different things but they all broke at the same time).

This occurred after Jukebox locked up when the network connection to the media server went down. I had to kill the process for Jukebox.

Since then, it won't attach to _any_ media server and attempts to run the check for updates fail with a dialog box titled "MJReader" which says "Failed to connect to a server."

Attempts to play any of the clips located in the local library return an dialog box titled "Warning" which says "Media Jukebox was unable to play any of the files in the playlist. Please make sure that the path in the Media Jukebox library points to the right location. Also double check to make sure that you are not unintentionally filtering these files."

Nothing in the configuration of the Jukebox was changed at the time it started failing. Whatever got damaged, it survives restarts of Jukebox and cold restarts of the machine it is running on.

Running Jukebox Plus version 8.0.388 under Win2K SP2 and desperate!
Pages: [1]   Go Up