INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transferring my audio files to another QNAP and computer  (Read 1647 times)

barry5082

Transferring my audio files to another QNAP and computer
« on: November 17, 2015, 01:04:14 am »

I would like to transfer a copy of my audio library stored on my home computer (and QNAP storage drive) to another computer (and QNAP) at our holiday home. In particular, I would really like to retain the cataloguing system I developed in my J River system at home, when I transfer the files to the new computer as it took so long to set up. I would appreciate help on the best way of achieving this transfer. As I am not very technical, a step by step instructions would be really appreciated. 

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Transferring my audio files to another QNAP and computer
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 02:27:03 am »

just write down the file paths (drive letters) of pc 1 and make the holiday home pc match this....user names and such don't matter....then on pc 1 make a library backup and take it with you to holiday home....set up holiday home just as pc 1 is set up....install MC and then install the backup..

I would assume the copy of  files your taking to the holiday home would be a exact copy of pc 1....it should be just that simple!

Happy Holidays
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Transferring my audio files to another QNAP and computer
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 06:22:20 am »

The wiki has a topic called "Moving Files".
Pages: [1]   Go Up