INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WritePlaying issue....  (Read 4463 times)

DoubtingThomas

• Citizen of the Universe
WritePlaying issue....
« on: November 17, 2015, 12:42:51 pm »

I recently uninstalled some old versions of MediaCenter and then the WritePlaying wplugin as gone from v21.  The "Services and Plugin's" still showed it, but it was inactive.  So I reinstalled it and configured it and it works, for the current session.

Every time I close and restart MC v21, the settings return to the default settings.

Does anyone have any ideas?  Thanks.

DoubtingThomas

Re: WritePlaying issue....
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 05:56:13 pm »

Does anyone know where the settings for the WritePlaying plugin are stored?  Maybe I can figure it out by editing some config or registry entry ?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 07:29:05 pm »

Are you doing this on an MC Client, or on a MC Server?

If on a Client the settings will be lost each time you restart MC, as the Client Library is refreshed from the Server. Set it up again on the Server, and then it will be available on the Client, once you restart the Client or sync it to the Server.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 07:30:23 pm »

Are you doing this on an MC Client, or on a MC Server?

If on a Client the settings will be lost each time you restart MC, as the Client Library is refreshed from the Server. Set it up again on the Server, and then it will be available on the Client, once you restart the Client or sync it to the Server.

No, MC is run on my main PC only.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2015, 08:15:09 pm »

Oh well, it was a bit of a guess. It sounded like that was the problem.

Sorry, I have no idea what the real problem is then.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 05:16:50 pm »

I've contacted the developer and he no longer has the source code for WritePlaying.

However, I did some registry searches and found the entries for WritePlaying and just updated the options there and now all is working again !!!

I have no idea why the gui for WritePlaying under "Services and Plug-in's" will not update the registry, but since these don't change often if at all, I'm happy !
Pages: [1]   Go Up