INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HDMI Refresh Rate on TV Changing Depending on Media File Type (Solved)  (Read 2399 times)

styxx10

• Junior Woodchuck

Hi,

I have my PC Connected directly to my PC Monitor and use the HDMI Out direct to my Samsung TV.
The TV display is 60 HZ which is correct, what I am finding is that dependant on the file type I send to the TV
it affects the refresh Rate of my TV..... Rips of Blu Rays etc stay at 60 HZ, but some ISO files I play of DVD-Audio etc,
are forcing my TV Refresh Rate to change to 23 HZ.... this can then only be resolved by manually changing it back.

This isn't a fault with JRiver, I know, but hoping that someone might have experienced this and be able to suggest a fix....

TIA

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: HDMI Refresh Rate on TV Changing Depending on Media File Type
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 06:18:06 pm »

Tools/Options/Video/Display Settings/Display settings automatic change mode: Off

I have the same setup as you. HTPC to Samsung TV via HDMI. I have the desktop and the TV set to 1920x1080 @ 60Hz. MC converts all video to that format, as far as I can tell. The TV always says it is running at 60Hz anyway. I don't think the TV is doing the conversion to 1920x1080 @ 60Hz.

I did try with "Display settings automatic change mode" set to Custom for a while, and played with the different setting for video types, but in the end set them back to "Desktop Settings" and it has been fine since then. I use RO Std, not ROHQ, but that is due to using an Intel HD4000 iGPU, rather than the TV or other settings.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

styxx10

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: HDMI Refresh Rate on TV Changing Depending on Media File Type
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 05:04:30 am »

Thanks so much. Works perfectly now ... appreciated !

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
Re: HDMI Refresh Rate on TV Changing Depending on Media File Type (Solved)
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 11:31:08 am »

Yaobing

Not sure if this is a TV issue but

If I set my desktop to 2160p 60hz and run MC21 in theater view the resolution changes as expected (i.e 2160p 60 hz)

When I watch a bluray display changes to 1080 p 24 hz as expected and when stopping the bluray theaterview changes back to 2160 p 60hz as expected

However when I watch live tv display sometimes changes to 1080p 50 hz other times it doesnt change at all but on stopping live tv display does not revert back to desktop 2160p 60hz

So my question is why does the resolution change work for blu ray playback but not live tv?

What is different about stopping live tv and stopping bluray playback?

Pages: [1]   Go Up