INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Access files remotely via MC Client  (Read 1441 times)

edwarduk

• Recent member
Access files remotely via MC Client
« on: November 19, 2015, 02:36:57 pm »

Is there any way I can access files on my server remotely via MC acting as a client?

Specifically my sister accesses my library server remotely via MC and use of the library access key. All works as it should. There are some video files (family stuff etc) she would like to download and save locally. Is there any way of doing this via MC?

Of course I could set up a specific FTP client (or use something like Teamviewer) but would rather keep all things within MC.

Ideally she would like to burn DVDs, but I see that option is not enabled within MC (via a remote client).

thx
Edward

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: Access files remotely via MC Client
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 03:37:40 pm »

Probably the best way is to setup a "Handheld" on her end through Tools --> Options--> Handheld--> Add Device, and give it a Name and point it to a folder on her HDD.

You can then right click on items --> Send To --> Drives & Devices--> "your folder name".

Once you have built a queue of stuff you can then "Sync" the handheld and it will copy/convert the files you have selected (note: you can also pre-set conversion settings).

More in the Wiki : http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Handheld_Advanced_Options
JRiver CEO Elect

edwarduk

• Recent member
Re: Access files remotely via MC Client
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 05:22:32 pm »

Many thanks jmone, that certainly does the trick.  I will need to remote access her computer over next day or so (she is miles away) to set things up. However I did a remote login (essentially external loop back to my server via an external domain 'm01p://domain.name:52199') and that works just fine.  Obviously slower than over the lan but perfectly acceptable.

Thanks again
Pages: [1]   Go Up