INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: associating my ios JRemote to my Pioneer N-30 renderer  (Read 1595 times)

grish

associating my ios JRemote to my Pioneer N-30 renderer
« on: November 20, 2015, 12:26:38 pm »

associating my ios JRemote to my Pioneer N-30 renderer

Hello,
On the right column of the MC 21 I have

1) A green player named "Player"
2) My Pioneer renderer

The JRemote see only the "Player"

I made a link between the two to pilot my N-30 with my iphone, but that read the music on my PC to.

So my question is : how can I associate JRemote with my Pioneer N30 without to link the both ?

playing on the both make cut in the sound. By the way I got 16 gig of Ram, any way to mount the music in ram before playing ?

thks for your help :-)

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: associating my ios JRemote to my Pioneer N-30 renderer
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 07:33:10 am »

hi !

Not sure I'm understanding you ...

"on the right"? ... you mean on the left in the tree don't you?  If not I'd set-up a zone for the N-30 to test. reboot completely JRemote and the machine running JRiver. You should see the new zone as a choice in JRemote. Select it and see if it works. If you are talking about the tree on the left, you probably have already set up this zone, and just need to make sure it is the current playback zone.

I don't understand
but that read the music on my PC to
either. But if you are talking about the green arrow, thats the active zone - if player is not your Pioneer its normal this doesn't work. You need to switch the zone, making the N-30 active (the green arrow would appear next to it not the player.

You probably can avoid using a separate zone altogether, but I'm not sure how you configured everything or your network set-up if any -- the Pioneer as a DLNA renderer doesn't make the best sense to me, as you are probably better off using JRiver as the renderer directly unless it is a network streamer. Sorry but don't have the time to google your Pioneer now.

Regardless you do not want to link the zones in this context, as you have described, the sound is going to suffer.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: associating my ios JRemote to my Pioneer N-30 renderer
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 10:28:46 am »

^

Leave the two items Player and your Receiver unlinked. Don't mess with linked zones until you have more experience and until you have got Player and your Receiver working properly independently.

If your Receiver is showing up in MC but not showing up in JRemote then you have some kind of routing problem. (It certainly has nothing to do with linked zones). Can you please explain your network topology? What Router(s) do you have? Do you have a separate WiFi Access point (or is it integrated in the main Router)? Which devices are connected to the Router via Ethernet and which by WiFi? Where do you have firewalls? What mechanisms do you have for setting IP address? Are all IP addresses on the same subnet (i.e. starting with the same first three dotted address groups)? Does your Router have UDP MultiCast routing enabled? etc., etc.

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up