INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blu-Ray Audio Disc Load Surround Tracks instead of Stereo (By Default)  (Read 2610 times)

jctcom

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!

I am just starting to use MC21 for Video.  I have mostly been using it for Audio up till recently.

to that effect I am starting to rip some of my high end Audio Blu-ray discs.

1 such disc Bryan Adams - Reckless 30th anniversary has 4 stereo and 4 5.1 surround tracks on it.

When played in a physical Blu-Ray player it loads to an audio selection menu.  In MC21 it starts playing right away, Which would be fine, except that it starts with a stereo track instead of a Surround track.  Which means I can't get to the surround track I want with the remote as it only shows the stereo (Layer?) when playing a stereo track.

Running MC 21.0.93 on Windows 10 Enterprise.

Carl

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: Blu-Ray Audio Disc Load Surround Tracks instead of Stereo (By Default)
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 11:22:06 pm »

Hi Carl,

To select Audio Tracks on a BD:
- Std View : Right Click --> Streams --> Pick Your Track
- Theater View : Use the Up/Down arrows to get to Audio then Left/Right Arrows to pick your Track

MC will then remember what track you have selected for next time (and for conversions etc).

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 11:24:20 pm »

...and I should have mentioned the the Default Behaviour for a New Disks if MC tries to pick the "Best Quality" track in the default Lang.  So you normally get the DTS-HD MA Multi Channel track.
JRiver CEO Elect

jctcom

• Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 01:13:44 am »

Hi Carl,

To select Audio Tracks on a BD:
- Std View : Right Click --> Streams --> Pick Your Track
- Theater View : Use the Up/Down arrows to get to Audio then Left/Right Arrows to pick your Track

MC will then remember what track you have selected for next time (and for conversions etc).

Thanks
Nathan

Maybe it's on this particular disc then.  The up/down buttons to select the audio tracks only offer me the stereo tracks until I "Right Click" and select the Surround title.  Then the up / down buttons give me the 5.1 audio tracks.

So I guess what I need is a way to have it default to the surround title if there are more than one.  This is not actually a separate title.  But they seem to have separated the Stereo and 5.1 audio tracks by giving them separate titles on the disc?

Is there a keyboard shortcut / remote button that will bring up the "Title" menu?

Carl.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 05:13:39 am »

Yup - the selection of the Audio is just for the Title that is currently playing.  You can manually select the Title (using the same methods) and then the Audio or alternative, you can expose all the titles in MC using Right Click--> Stacks--> Advanced--> Auto Create BD/DVD Title Particles.  It will then create a Database entry for every Title on the BD.  Many will be crap and you can delete those but you will find Titles for Alt endings, additional content etc.
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 05:25:30 am »

Here is an example of what I've done with the BD Pink Funhouse Tour (bad album by the way) -
- The top entry is the BD as ripped (index.bluray)
- I then used Right Click--> Stacks--> Advanced--> Auto Create BD/DVD Title Particles to create a entry for each MPLS. 
- The Main Playlist is 0000.mpls and I used my AHK script to then break these by Chapter
- I then also tagged the other Playlists I wanted to keep (Bloopers to One Foot Wrong)

You can then use these entries to play each track, mix them in playlists, convert them etc just like a CD rip.
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up