INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Direct Channel tuning from EPG  (Read 3545 times)

chimpawoo

• Recent member
Direct Channel tuning from EPG
« on: November 22, 2015, 03:55:49 am »

So im giving this program a go before i decide to put any money in the kickstarter. Seeing how active the dev staff is on these forums is more promising than the other kickstarter that has missed the mark thus far.  I have my HDHomerun Primes all setup have guide data etc but when i select a channel it goes to an info panel i want direct channel tuning from the guide ill press record if i want it to record (havent gotten that far yet but i would assume this is possible)  While im asking questions if someone knows the answer to this who might also know how to get channel logos? also is there a way to continue playing what is currently selected while browsing the guide? (current channel)  If i can get this all working right i see a purchase in my future. Thanks to anybody who provides answers without yelling "search the forums" i did a search and yielded little results in the way of what i was seeking.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Direct Channel tuning from EPG
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 07:38:52 am »

In Theater view guide grid, once a program is highlighted, you can press Play button on your remote control to play the channel.  Press Record button to record (or schedule it to be recorded).  You can press Enter to get additional options, including Play, Record, Subscribe, etc.

Channel logo is not available now.

There is an option in Tools \ Options... \ Theater View: "Pause view playback when entering Theater View".  Uncheck the option to allow video to continue to play.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

chimpawoo

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 12:49:18 pm »

In Theater view guide grid, once a program is highlighted, you can press Play button on your remote control to play the channel.  Press Record button to record (or schedule it to be recorded).  You can press Enter to get additional options, including Play, Record, Subscribe, etc.
thanks

Channel logo is not available now.
WAF Error there
There is an option in Tools \ Options... \ Theater View: "Pause view playback when entering Theater View".  Uncheck the option to allow video to continue to play.
My problem is that when i am in guide it does not keep playing, which i want it to do. I have not unchecked/checked anything of this nature

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 01:05:16 pm »

Try unchecking it.

chimpawoo

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 01:10:46 pm »

Try unchecking it.

So im attempting to install on other pc's other than my Server PC (already setup etc)  When i go to watch tv it isnt pulling any info from the other pc, is this by design or did i miss a setup step?

am i missing something? i have gone into the windows startup and selected MC Client but still not loading tuners/guide from the server pc... i dont really watch tv on the server only use it for initial testing (which im doing now) Essentially my goal out of JRiver is to use it for my Huge movie library (Plex handles currently) and use it as extenders for my pc's at every tv in the house (currently Server WMC/PVR WMC Kodi)

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 01:41:49 pm »

So im attempting to install on other pc's other than my Server PC (already setup etc)  When i go to watch tv it isnt pulling any info from the other pc, is this by design or did i miss a setup step?

You need to specifically run MC on the server PC as server, by enabling the Media Network options.

On the PC you want to be a client, you need to use the Library Manager to load the library from the server.

chimpawoo

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2015, 01:53:23 pm »

You need to specifically run MC on the server PC as server, by enabling the Media Network options.

On the PC you want to be a client, you need to use the Library Manager to load the library from the server.

Ahh i must have missed the step of enabling the server through windows startup etc, once i restarted pc it popped another firewall exception for it.  Weird.

So is there any intention to put Logos as an option?  For instance i have My Channel Logos program for WMC or maybe a way to import logos? hell id even consider manually doing each channel as long as it were possible.

Also having lots of tuners available but not necessarly wanting to use all of them to watch the same channel, if i have 6 clients all watching channel 1034 will it only utilize 1 tuner?

Anyway to startup JRiver directly into live tv? last channel selected?

For instance i have my kids computers set to close kodi by 2AM then it will turn off display, then at 10AM it does a restart to keep things fresh, it then waits 1 minute then loads kodi, then kodi loads tv with last channel selected (usually disney junior)  I would like to achieve a similar setup here....

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2015, 07:12:34 pm »

Running Media Server on Windows startup invokes an different exe from running Media Center 21.exe (GUI) directly.  That may explain why you got another firewall thing. 

For MC to be a network server, you need to go to Tools \ Options \ Media Network, and enable the option "Use Media Network to share this library and enable DLNA".  Once that is done, you will be able to connect from a client, by loading the server library.

Regarding channel logo, currently our default EPG data do not include channel logo.  That is why we are not doing it.  I should probably enable a way of letting user load custom logos for each channel individually, and use the image in Theater view.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2015, 07:34:33 pm »

Also having lots of tuners available but not necessarly wanting to use all of them to watch the same channel, if i have 6 clients all watching channel 1034 will it only utilize 1 tuner?

Anyway to startup JRiver directly into live tv? last channel selected?

For instance i have my kids computers set to close kodi by 2AM then it will turn off display, then at 10AM it does a restart to keep things fresh, it then waits 1 minute then loads kodi, then kodi loads tv with last channel selected (usually disney junior)  I would like to achieve a similar setup here....
I believe that if you have 6 clients all tuned to the same channel, it will only utilize one tuner, but I would want some confirmation on that.

There is a way to start JRiver in live TV mode, but on a client, not on the last channel...however, you can absolutely specify a channel...so you could start it explicitly on Disney junior.  It involves using MCC commands...just drop a batch file in startup, or use the Windows scheduler to start MC21, then run \Windows\System32\MC21.exe /MCC 30002,channel#
Pages: [1]   Go Up