INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HDHomerun Prime CableCard Tuner Support  (Read 2516 times)

lcgrzy

HDHomerun Prime CableCard Tuner Support
« on: November 23, 2015, 12:24:27 pm »

I see that JRiver is running a Kickstarter with the intent to eventually support Copy Once DRM recordings from a CableCard tuner.

My cable company (Charter) has all of the channels (120+) in their base package set as Copy Freely. I don't have any interest in their premium channels (HBO, Startz, etc.) that are flagged as Copy Once. I have an HDHomerun Prime with activated CableCard. My question is, will JRiver MC work without the add in that is being supported by the Kickstarter. In other words, if I buy Windows license right now, will I be able to use my HDHR Prime for recordings right away.

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: HDHomerun Prime CableCard Tuner Support
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 12:44:52 pm »

It should work for you, as is.  No need for TVPlus.

You could download the trial version to see.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 01:01:07 pm »

I see that JRiver is running a Kickstarter with the intent to eventually support Copy Once DRM recordings from a CableCard tuner.

My cable company (Charter) has all of the channels (120+) in their base package set as Copy Freely. I don't have any interest in their premium channels (HBO, Startz, etc.) that are flagged as Copy Once. I have an HDHomerun Prime with activated CableCard. My question is, will JRiver MC work without the add in that is being supported by the Kickstarter. In other words, if I buy Windows license right now, will I be able to use my HDHR Prime for recordings right away.

Thanks!

I use MC with a HDHomerun Prime/Cablecard every single day, and have for over a year. Like Jim says, it works great for copy freely programming as is.

chimpawoo

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 01:05:17 pm »

Thanks!

Do what im doing, play with it for 30 days to make up your mind on it! :D  Its a lot better than SD's DVR/Live TV for sure on many levels, Video Playback, Audio, GUIDE almost everything you want! :D

lcgrzy

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 01:35:51 pm »

Thanks everyone for the help. I will definitely try the 30 days and see how I like it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up