INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PIP! YA?  (Read 2164 times)

chimpawoo

• Recent member
PIP! YA?
« on: November 22, 2015, 03:13:28 pm »

Is there a way to have Picture in picture?  My current solution is to have my 15" laptop sitting next to my 60" Plasma when watchin Football.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: PIP! YA?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 12:04:42 am »

Oh, if only!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 12:38:32 am »

It is possible to run two copies (same version) of MC at the same time on one PC. See "Tools/General/Advanced/Allow multiple instance to run at one time". It is also possible to detach the Display from the main User Interface (Ctrl-6), and resize the detached window as required.

So, you could try starting two copies of MC, have one watch one channel, in a detached windows, and the other watch another channel, in a detached window. Then place the two windows as you please.

I haven't tested this at all. While MC can run two copies simultaneously, there is no guarantee it won't cause problems. But someone could give it a try.  ;D
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 01:38:10 am »

It is possible to run two copies (same version) of MC at the same time on one PC. See "Tools/General/Advanced/Allow multiple instance to run at one time". It is also possible to detach the Display from the main User Interface (Ctrl-6), and resize the detached window as required.

So, you could try starting two copies of MC, have one watch one channel, in a detached windows, and the other watch another channel, in a detached window. Then place the two windows as you please.

I haven't tested this at all. While MC can run two copies simultaneously, there is no guarantee it won't cause problems. But someone could give it a try.  ;D

Does it work? Yes. Is it ideal? Not really... :-)

For instance, if you turn the application volume to 0 for the second instance, then stop and close both instances of MC, the next instance you open has application volume 0, which is understandable, but hardly desirable.
Pages: [1]   Go Up