INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unassigned Folders - Why  (Read 3356 times)

brett

• Recent member
Unassigned Folders - Why
« on: November 23, 2015, 08:34:05 pm »

Why am I getting these unassigned folders for some shows? They are properly tagged so I have no idea what else I can do to fix this. Thanks.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Unassigned Folders - Why
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 09:55:43 pm »

Well, you seem to have the series name in the Artist field to start with. It should be in the [Series] field. I can see the [Media Sub Type] is set to "TV Show". Do you have the [Media Type] set to "Video"?

I can see you have the episode number, but do you have the Season number for all episodes? Not having the Season number would probably cause the shows to be listed as Unassigned.

I'm not sure I understand the view you are using there either. Is it a custom view?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

brett

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 07:21:01 pm »

I'm in the Standard View with the "Tag" Action Window open with "Show all tags" checked.

The artist and the series field both had the correct series name, so I removed any tags from the artist field. They are tagged as TV Shows with the media as video. All the file names are in the s01e02, s01e02, etc format, and the season and episode numbers are showing up correctly in the tags as well. I'm stumped...

brett

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 07:41:51 pm »

A bit more messing around and I figured it out. I had set a custom view for the folder on a file path. I have three file paths that contain files, so anything not on the file path in the custom view showed up as unassigned.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 08:31:28 pm »

That explains it.

I thought that looked like a custom view, even though I couldn't see the View Name, or which group it was attached to. I assumed it was in the Video group though.

Anything that doesn't match the criteria, or have a tag value for a tag used in the criteria, will end up in an unassigned bucket. That way nothing gets lost.

Mark_h put in a request to enable turning off the Unassigned group recently, but I haven't seen any more about it.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

brett

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 09:39:40 pm »

Well thanks again for pointing me in the right direction
Pages: [1]   Go Up