INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver randomly manipulating VST Plugin settings  (Read 1686 times)

jsmith967

• Junior Woodchuck
JRiver randomly manipulating VST Plugin settings
« on: November 22, 2015, 02:08:11 pm »

I have a VST plugin installed under the DSP in my audio chain that manipulates right and left channels in my 7.1 audio setup. It works great. However, when I close JRiver and re-open JRiver and browse to open my plugin settings, the settings have often changed. I then manipulate the settings to the desired parameters, save the changes, close and reopen again, and still JRiver changes the settings. What the strange thing is that it does not change the parameters to default values nor to some specific value. So far as I know, it appears settings appear to be random.

1. Does anyone know why JRiver would be manipulating my plugin like this? It is horribly annoying.

2. On another topic, my VST plugin is only a two channel plugin. I need to use the plugin on four channels, however. Is there any way to take this plugin and "apply" it to other channels?

Thanks in advance for the help.

jsmith967

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRiver randomly manipulating VST Plugin settings
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 05:13:22 am »

Nobody knows anything about this? Perhaps someone could direct me towards where I could find the answer?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 06:17:52 am »

It's not likely that JRiver Media Center is changing the settings of a VST plug-in.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 06:28:14 am »

Indeed. It is much more likely that your plugin is not persistently storing its own settings properly. Maybe a silly question but did you press "save"? Or another possibility could be that the plugin is trying to store its settings in a file, folder, or registry branch that is either read only or non existent.

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up