INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tagging  (Read 1579 times)

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
Tagging
« on: September 03, 2003, 08:25:34 am »

on Sep 2nd, 2003, 9:53pm, MGD_King wrote:

MJ8 was so sweet, right click, properties, BANG! There you go, editing the properties the way you should be able to instead of having to drill down two or three levels.

JimH wrote:

In list view, you can use F2 or a "slow double click" to edit any field you can select.  Up and down arrow advance to the next item.

I tagged my files this way. I did not use properties window, and I rarely use them now.  I think this is the easiest and fastest way to do it, and I wonder why some people prefers properties window...

May be, it is not obvious which one is the selected fied, so it is not obvious which field you would edit pressing F2. Perhaps, if the selected field in the selected track was remarked (like Excel), people would be more confortable tagging this way. Furthermore, arrows should change the selected field (even if user is not editing...).

Is possible to fix this little issue in 9.1?

MGD_King

• Citizen of the Universe
  • It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
Re: Tagging
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2003, 08:32:51 am »

I think this is the easiest and fastest way to do it, and I wonder why some people prefers properties window...

May be, it is not obvious which one is the selected fied, so it is not obvious which field you would edit pressing F2. Perhaps, if the selected field in the selected track was remarked (like Excel), people would be more confortable tagging this way. Furthermore, arrows should change the selected field (even if user is not editing...).

Is possible to fix this little issue in 9.1?

I liked having a properties window so that when I want to edit the properties of a complete album, ie, updating the year, the album art, a comment for each album or artist, it would do all the files at once. Maybe I'm misunderstanding (I'm at work and I don't have it installed here) but won't this method you suggest only allow for one file at a time?

Have you had issues with the album art image being saved into the file, or is it just me?

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2003, 08:38:06 am »

King,

If you select several tracks in the list view, you can edit them at once.

But you are right. Properties window is helpful to tag albums in thumnails mode (you can select an album, and tag it using properties window...).

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2003, 08:39:54 am »

King,

If you select several tracks in the list view, you can edit them at once.

But you are right. Properties window is helpful to tag albums in thumnails mode (you can select an album, and tag it using properties window...).

I'll check it out when I get home tonight and let you know. Thanks for the tip! (You, too, JimH! 8))

rocketsauce

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2003, 11:16:21 am »

In list view, you can use F2 or a "slow double click" to edit...

...I wonder why some people prefers properties window...

I use F2/slow double-click in list view for making quick changes to the tag fields that I have showing as columns. However, I don't have all of the tag fields that I normally use showing as columns. It would require too much left <--> right scrolling.

Rob

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2003, 01:32:48 pm »

Matt's stated that there are plans to put back a dedicated way to go straight to File Properties. Hopefully it will be soon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up