INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC files listed by DLNA client  (Read 2085 times)

shAf

• Citizen of the Universe
MC files listed by DLNA client
« on: November 27, 2015, 07:05:05 am »

I'm trying to understand why my Sony smart Tv doesn't list video media files as a DLNA client.  It connects fine, is shown as a DLNA renderer by MC21, will play a video file fine if instructed by the MC server (drag & drop).  However, if I ask the Sony Tv client to show Video=>Disk=>[path], the correct path exists but when the final folder is selected it indicates "no media files present".  The strange thing is, the files will show sometimes but it is rare and inconsistent (...i.e., only once).  How do I troubleshoot this?  Can I provide more information?

Server is Windows 7, 64bit
MC v.21.0.23
TIA  :)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: MC files listed by DLNA client
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 07:38:34 am »

I found with my LG smart tv it had a limit on how many files it would show, if i exceeded the limit nothing shows. Maybe your Sony has the same structure.
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 08:34:11 am »

^

Several things..

1) Does it show audio files and not video files ??
2) What format of video files are you not seeing?
3) Just so you know, the UPnP ContentDirectory:Browse function does need some time to download the full browse tree. Especially if you have many tracks.
4) Make sure that in MC Server Settings you have DLNA and DLNAExtra checked
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

shAf

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 11:39:12 am »

Thanks all :)

I found with my LG smart tv it had a limit on how many files it would show, if i exceeded the limit nothing shows. Maybe your Sony has the same structure.

That's a possibility...but I cannot get over why the media files were shown only once, and not again(?)  Can anyone verify that there is a  limit as to the number of files?  How many??

1) Does it show audio files and not video files ??

I cannot get Audio to shows files as on "disk" ... the disk option only shows for having selected video.

2) What format of video files are you not seeing?

The video file formats run a gamut of AVI, MP4 and MKV ... none of these show ...

3) Just so you know, the UPnP ContentDirectory:Browse function does need some time to download the full browse tree. Especially if you have many tracks.

This could indeed be my problem.  In fact, the listing shows only the directory just above root ("TV shows") ... it fails to show the other subfolders (e.g., "My Three Sons=>Season 01" do not show ...).  When the list did show it was after the Tv had been on for some time. Any idea how long it may take for lots of Tv series?

4) Make sure that in MC Server Settings you have DLNA and DLNAExtra checked

Checked
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland
Pages: [1]   Go Up