INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Track List  (Read 2733 times)

• Recent member
Track List
« on: November 29, 2015, 12:36:43 pm »

Hi.
Not being too jaded on this beautiful program that I am using i want to ask you a few information.
- I use an oppo 105 to exploit the excellent internal dac for the hi-res music  so I connecte  an hard disk to the PC and i imported all the files stored, but on some album is not respected, when JR is running, the original track list, while on the hard disk is in order. So the songs are "mixed", why, please?
- Always using Oppo as player by JR with discs that have not breaks between the tracks ( Pink Floyd), i lose the continuity of playing and there's an annoying pause between a song and another. Besides the two seem linked because if I do not have the right track list, may not even be the same reproduction from PC without oppo.
Thank you.

Frobozz

• Citizen of the Universe
  • There is a small mailbox here.
Re: Track List
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 01:14:48 pm »

What you're looking for is gapless playback. JRiver does support gapless playback.

The settings in MC for gapless playback are in:
Tools >> Options... >> Audio >> Track Change
Change "Switch tracks" to gapless
Clear the checkbox for "Do not play silence (leading and trailing)"
Set the checkbox for "Use gapless for sequential album tracks"

The default setup for MC is to have gapless playback for sequential album tracks. If you were not getting gapless playback for your Pink Floyd then that indicates that MC may not be seeing your albums as complete albums.

MC has some rules for what it considers a complete album and for what it considers sequential tracks
The rules are explained in the following wiki articles:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Multiple_Artist_Albums
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Album_Artist_and_Album_Artist_(Auto)

The important rules being:
An album is considered complete if the following conditions are met:
all tracks are of [Media Type]=Audio
all tracks have exactly the same, non-empty [Album] value
all tracks are in the same folder - i.e. have the same value for the [Filename (path)] field
all tracks have sequential [Track #] values starting at 1
all tracks have the same, or sequentially increasing [Disc #] values (empty and 1 are considered the same)

Check to verify that your files are tagged and organized in a way that MC will see your albums as complete albums. Make sure all tracks for an album are in the same directory and have the same Album title and have the same Album Artist name.

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 02:04:11 am »

I'll try for both the questions. But i think that, for the gapless, isn't possible to act on the mc controls (audio settings) during the reproduction while play Oppo player. However i intend to try better. Thank you.

Frobozz

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 02:31:41 am »

The Oppo 105 doesn't support gapless playback over the network DLNA connection. Some DLNA playback options can do gapless playback. The Oppo 105 isn't one of them. Do a google search on "oppo 105 DLNA gapless" for more info on it.

If you use the USB DAC input on the Oppo 105 you can do gapless playback. The catch is that you need a computer running JRiver Media Center close enough to the Oppo to connect a USB cable.

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 02:53:30 am »

Yes, the catches are the DLNA and the usb cable. I do not think you could do in my current position ;).

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 09:06:24 am »

I try in manage library fields to select complete album, but it return to "acess rating"......

Frobozz

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 02:48:22 pm »

I try in manage library fields to select complete album, but it return to "acess rating"......

I don't know what is going on there.
Access rating has to do with Access Control, and that is not a feature I have ever used or explored.
Here's the wiki entry for Access Control: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Access_Control

Hopefully someone who knows what may be going on here will jump in.

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2015, 08:51:22 am »

Solved problem. Thank you to Frobozz ;) ;).

larryrup

• World Citizen
Re: Track List Complete albums
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2015, 11:12:30 am »

Read with interest what needs to be true in order for MC to consider the tracks part of one album.

Here is what I have been doing on occasion, which I now understand will NOT treat a group of tracks as an album...here is the scenario:

I have a complete album in a lossy format (this album meets the MC criteria to be considered a complete album).
I acquire a higher res "greatest hits" or some other copy of a song from that album in a higher res.  I would like to substitute the higher res version for the lossy version.  To do this rather than move the track from a "greatest hits" folder, I have been changing the album name and track number of the higher res version to that of the original album in the MC, then delete the lower res track.

Seems to work when playing a complete album, but as I understand this post, it will not default to "gapless"  Do I have that right?

Out of curiosity, why the requirement of have the tracks in the same folder?

Thanks much,

LarryRup

Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.
Pages: [1]   Go Up