INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Simplest way for a  (Read 1487 times)

rikkardo

• Recent member
Simplest way for a
« on: November 30, 2015, 04:06:46 am »

My apologies if this has been asked before but I have been unable to find a proper solution.

I have albums organized on my disk as folders named as "Artist - Album", with each folder containing the related tracks (mp3 or flac), with  each track tagged with artist's name. Previously (before converting these to FLAC) I even had some albums with WAV files inside and when I used the Album Thumbnails view I saw a copy of the album for each song of the same album.

With WAV converted to FLAC and properly tagged the issue is almost gone, but there are some cases where the artist tag for the same album might be different on some tracks (such as Sting duet Cheb Mami - "Desert Rose") and in that case the same album is displayed twice (or more).

1) How do I fix this without changing the tag?
2) Will it be possible to set JRiver to just organize the album view based on the folder name ignoring the tags (if any) ?

JRiver is a so complex piece of software and I am sure there is some solution, thanks for any hint ;-)

Antonio

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Re: Simplest way for a
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 04:28:56 am »

If I am following you correctly, what you need to do is edit the "album artist" tag to be the same for all tracks in the album.
So taking your example (Sting duet Cheb Mami - "Desert Rose") you would leave the artist as "Sting duet Cheb Mami" but change the album artist tag to just "Sting" to match the other tracks in the album.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 07:16:57 am »

Full details on [Album Artist] and [Album Artist (auto)] here:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Album_Artist_and_Album_Artist_%28Auto%29

Brian.

rikkardo

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 08:42:58 am »

Thank you thecrow and blgentry, got it, in fact I didn't know about the "Album Artist" tag until I found the Show all Tags menu entry.

I'll try at home this evening and I'm sure it will suit perfectly !

Pages: [1]   Go Up