INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ripping issue  (Read 2206 times)

shelby1420

• Recent member
Ripping issue
« on: September 15, 2015, 05:30:19 pm »

Hey folks, having an issue while ripping cds.....I can go a few cds fine and then when I put in a new cd it does not rip it but instead starts ripping a cd from two or three rips prior???  Is it a setting I am missing or something??  Also, how do I transfer my albums from Itunes to JRiver??  Thanks all

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Ripping issue
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 05:56:13 pm »

... I put in a new cd it does not rip it but instead starts ripping a cd from two or three rips prior ...
What do you mean by that, please?  That it lists tracks from a prior CD?

shelby1420

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 06:45:18 pm »

Exactly that!  Its like it goes back two or three discs and re rips it...........

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 08:15:28 pm »

It can't re-rip it if it's not in the drive.

shelby1420

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 10:33:04 pm »

Thats just it, it is doing that exact thing and yup I know it makes no sence at all!!!    Could I have accidently burned it and now theres a copy of it that the JR is finding and re copying??

Vocalpoint

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 11:24:13 am »

Just had this again this morning. On 21.0.23

Ripped my Sly and the Family Stone (Audio Fidelity) disc and let MC do it's thing. When finished - the disc was ejected and I changed the disc to my Micheal Hedges (Audio Fidelity) release. Closed the tray - and MC took about 3 minutes to get itself finally squared around.

But when it did - the rip queue listed the 9 Hedges tracks to be ripped - along with tracks 10,11 and 12 of the Sly disc I just finished ripping.

Only hitting Close and killing MC and restarting it would get the ripper thinking straight again.

Another oddity today - seems 21.0.23 - is displaying the same odd log messages - on Track 1 (that the last version of v20 did) on every disc I attempted this morning:

Track  1: Secure rip, 1% of sectors needed re-reading. [Greatest Hits]
   00:02:14  2 re-reads required to get good data

Track  1: Secure rip, 1% of sectors needed re-reading. [Aerial Boundaries]
      00:03:57  2 re-reads required to get good data

Track  1: Secure rip, 1% of sectors needed re-reading. [Good Friend]
      00:00:47  2 re-reads required to get good data
      00:01:11  2 re-reads required to get good data

But on each disc - the subsequent tracks exhibit no issues whatsoever.

However - these discs are brand new. I just unwrapped all three today and the first spin ever - is the rip in MC.

Why is MC having issues reading the first track on every disc - when the discs have never been played?

On a closing note - I thought that disc ripping would be so simple by now that these type of issues would be long gone by it seems that I still cannot rip a series of discs without MC acting strangely...

VP

Allen Brier

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 03:57:31 pm »

I am having a similar issue (see my post on Nov 30). I had previously ripped probably 600 CDs before this started happening. I wanted to rip my entire library, but it is now on hold until there is a solution.
Pages: [1]   Go Up